RJM GT16 and Axe Edit issue.

ANASON Records

Lately i have been having issues with Axe Edit. It randomly and quite often stopped working, froze and showed amp shunts all of a sudden. The Axe Fx 3 was functioning as it should in the mean time. Closing Axe Edit and reopening does not help when this happens. I need to restart also axe fx 3.

Finally today i found out this only happens when my GT16 is connected to Axe Fx 3. I am on all units, software etc...on the latest. Also my Mac OS is the latest, if that helps.

Any ideas? Thx

Sorry, I don't know. I haven't ever seen this happen. Make sure you aren't causing a feedback loop, make sure MIDI Receive Channel is set to None on the GT, MIDI Merge should be off, too. MIDI Forward probably should be off as well.

None of them is on but the problem might be on my end. I changed the USB port and been couple of hours without that happening.

A question, how can i make a preset use the global preset. And is there a way to copy 1 preset/layout to all presets. I could only figure out to copy/paste each preset one by one...which is time consuming.

I'm not sure what you mean by "make a preset use the global preset" The global preset is just another preset that can be recalled like any other. Really, the only thing special about it is that it's not part of any bank, and there's a Preset 2nd Press option that allows you to recall the global preset just by pressing the currently active preset button a second time. There are a few older features like this that were more important years ago, but we added more advanced features (like alternate presets and 2nd press IA) that pretty much do everything that global presets to and more.

Sorry, all we have is single preset copy / paste at this time.

sorry i think i misunderstood the concept. i was thinking "global preset" as a preset in RJM which could be accesed globaly with any preset from Axe FX 3. For my case i think there is no other way than copying the presets 1 by 1. Which is not a big deal...

Back