RJM Mini Line Mixer

AlainLeclerc

I'm interested to buy one or two RJM Mini Line Mixer, I have a very complex set-up and need your help, I need to run in parralell, and in stereo with 2 amps, AER Alpha, they have a send and return on each amp, I have 2 Lexicon PCM70, 2 Midiverb II reverb and 2 Roland SDE-3000 digital delay,
I need in the same time to use a digitech jamman stereo looper in the loops of the the 2 AER amps for recording and playback in stereo, I'm a stand alone guitarist singer songwriter, Thank you! Alain...

I'm not sure what your question here is. You'll be able to run all the effects into the line mixer(s), sure... you'll need something to split the effects sends to feed your effects processors though. If you can explain more clearly exactly what you want to do, I'm sure we can help you work out what you need to do.

Hi Martin, I will explain the best I can, My guitar goes to my pedalboard, from there it goes to the input of an Alesis Midiverb 2, the output of that Midiverb goes to Lexicon PCM70 (number one) input set for pan delays, from there it split for stereo, output one goes to Roland SDE-3000 number one input set to 250ms and after that the ouput goes to the first AER Alpha amps input, ouput two goes to Roland SDE-3000 number two input set to 500ms and after that the ouput goes to the second AER Alpha amps input.
In the back of each AER alpha there is one send and one return that are connected to one Digitech Jamman Stereo for recording and playback,
The idea here is to take a RJM Mini line mixer, to use a second Lexicon PCM70 (number two) input set for circular delays, and be able to plays the 2 Lexicon in the same time or one at the time, I will use 2 latch switches to put them on or off, same way than Steve Lukather do, I want to connect that in parallell, but Idon't know how, and how to connect that in the loops of the 2 amps with the Digitech Jamman Stereo Thanks!

Alan, not forgotten about you, just really busy and I need time to get my head round this. I think I need to draw it out.

Same here, it's kind of a complicated routing and I'm having some trouble getting enough free time to really think about it. Hopefully soon!

Right... I've drawn this out in Excel, based on what you said, and I'm a little puzzled by one of your statements. You say you want to use one or the other (or both) PCM70s in parallel, but your first PCM70 is connected before your amps, and you talk about how to connect it in the loop(s) of the amps. So which is it? Do you want the two PCM70s in parallel before the amps, or do you want one in parallel with the Jamman in the loop of the amp (and in parallel or series)?

If you want them in parallel with each other, that's easy... split the signal after the Midiverb, run it to both PCM70s, then mix the outputs from the two PCM70s together using a Mini Line Mixer (either before the SDE3000s or not, depending on what you want). Continue using the Jamman in the loops as normal.

If it were me (and it's not, and I appreciate your usage may be different to mine) I'd put a Mini Effect Gizmo after the pedalboard, so I could send signals to the Midiverb, the two PCM70s and the SDE3000s separately, all in parallel, before the amps... and just control which effect gets what via MIDI, rather than dealing with separate on-off footswitches etc.

Back