RJM Mission Expression with Kemper/GT

Hi,

I have one of these RJM model Mission Control pedals with a GT16. I use it now as a volume control (Expression Pedal 1 - Device KPA, CC Volume Pedal). What I'd like to see it do is when I press the switch in the pedal, volume stays at full, but it switches to a Wah (or some kind of filter sweep) in the Kemper. Then I switch it off and I have a volume pedal again.

What is it I need to set up to make this work?

(I'm new at the MIDI control thing, but getting there. Doesn't help I'm using an Eclipse for reverbs and delays currently!)

The ability to do this is somewhat limited (fixing this is on the to-do list), but you can try this:

Set up Expression Pedal 2 to control wah on the Kemper. Next, set external switch 1's settings to type "Pedal 1 Group Shift". (This assumes that you have the Mission pedal's Out 2 connected to Ext Switch 1/2 on the GT).

Finally, on the Globals tab, go to "Expression Pedal Grouping" and select "[1 2] 3 4".

Once you've done that, pressing the switch on the pedal will switch between pedal 1's settings and pedal 2's settings. (volume and wah).

Looks like that works, I have to leave the Wah on and set to "Bypass @ Toe" because it doesn't look like I can switch it off using the pedal switch.

Is there any way to make the light come on when its switched to the Wah expression (exp pedal 2)?

Currently, there isn't a way to do that. We'll have a solution for that in a later release.

I was trying to see if I could make ext switch 1 the IA for the Wah Block, and ext switch 2 the pedal shift group, but it didn't like that.

In the mean time I'm using the pedal shift, and have the wah block always on, with "bypass @ toe" set, so once I get to the top of the pedal it knows to disengage.

Looking forward to a better way to do this, but it'll get me by. Thanks!

Back