Rookies question on tap tempo

I just got my PBC and it looks very promising. I've run into an issue with the use of a tap tempo button. As far as I understand it, there are two ways to accomplish tap tempo:

1) I set up a button to IA, assign a new CC-tap tempo action for every device I want to control and it will send the corresponding command. However, when I press the "flash w/ tempo" button, it will always show me the preset tempo. Right?

2) If I want to tap midi clock instead of CCs I follow this guide:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/setting-function-button-to-tap-tempo.1848/#post-7499
If I understand correctly, there is a button assigned to IA without actually any IA action assigned to it. Only "flash w/ tempo" checked is enough to tell the PBC that it's a tempo button. However, when I hit that button, the PBC still keeps flashing with the tempo assigned in the preset.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ralf

If you're using MIDI clock, make sure that MIDI Clock is set to Master in MIDI settings. Also make sure that the tempo button has Update on Preset Change turned on.

Thanks Ron, I had all these settings but still no effect. I saved my .rjs-file, uploaded another users file to look into that. After re-uploading my original .rjs-file, all went well.
I should have known that, after 20 years working with computers ! :D
Thanks again !!

Back