Save different IA Cycle Step Names per preset

AdrianG

I love the IA Cycle Steps, this is such a useful feature for me however I have over 50 different custom presets that I use regularly and I get confused with Channel A/B/C/D.

Renaming is is great, however my different presets have different channels - depending on the preset requirement. So if I rename them globally then this would only apply to 1 preset.

Is it possible to expand this so that it allows us to have it per preset? It would be great if it kept the global preset naming that it currently does, but then we could override that for certain presets.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

You could use a local button page for that, that's what's intended to provide that ability.

Wow, I think I have totally missed on that! I'll get back to the manual and try it tonight!

So if you create a Local Page for a preset, can you still navigate to your other pages and back to your Local Page again on that Preset? For example, I have a Looper page (pg7), so can I go from my Local page to Page 7, and back to my Local Page again?

Yes, you can. The local page, when activated, replaces page 16 and the other 15 pages are still available.

Ron, I have my first local page working nicely. The only thing I can't figure out is, my bottom row of buttons that show the Scene names (1 - 6); when I change to this preset (i.e. the preset with the local page) how do I get the default Scene button to activate please?

It does this fine with my normal Page 1, but doesn't with the local page.

When I am on that preset and I change the scenes then the Scene buttons work as expected.

Hmm, it's probably because the local page didn't exist the last time the Axe-Fx sent an update. I'm guessing you don't have Poll State turned on?

I don't know if this would cause other problems for you, but setting the Scene buttons to global would probably fix it as well - then, the page 1 scene buttons would appear on every page, keeping their on/off status.

I'll think about how this can be improved.

Hmm, it's probably because the local page didn't exist the last time the Axe-Fx sent an update. I'm guessing you don't have Poll State turned on?

I don't know if this would cause other problems for you, but setting the Scene buttons to global would probably fix it as well - then, the page 1 scene buttons would appear on every page, keeping their on/off status.

I'll think about how this can be improved.

I do have Poll State switched on, and this only happens on the local pages whereas the others work perfectly.

I can't use Global for the Scene buttons either, but then this isn't a showstopper because I know for the presets with local pages will always default to the first Scene anyway. And the Main display does show the correct Scene name so it isn't a big issue at all for me.

Huge apologies Ron - I feel really stupid - I've just seen now my normal page Scene buttons are not showing the default scene anymore as well.

The problem is definitely something I must have done, so I am willing to bet once I fix it on my side then the Local Pages will work the same way as well.

Coming back to this, I fixed my issue with my normal pages not updating to display the correct active scene and they work fine now, but the Local Pages definitely don't. I made a quick YT video (it is unlisted) just to show the problem. Note that for all of my presets I have the GT22 default Scene = 'None'. I did try setting this to '1' but it made no difference.

In the video, I go through the following:
Preset 1 - no local page, bottom row of scenes updates correctly to Scene 1
Preset 2 - Local Page, bottom row does not update
Preset 3 - no local page, bottom row of scenes updates correctly to Scene 1
Preset 4 - Local Page, bottom row does not update

That said, it is not a big issue for me as the Local Pages always default to Scene 1 anyway (as does the main display).

I don't think you need my System file, but let me know if you do and I'll share it with you. Also, please forgive the bad quality of the video, I dropped my phone last week and it is very shaky as a result.

All in all, I am LOVING the local pages, they are making my workflow so much better now!

Back