Scene Name strangeness

jasonmauer

I'm experiencing issues with scene and preset naming, both when using Get Preset Names and with the editor software. I have a MMGT16 running the latest firmware (4.6.3) and am using the most current editor software (4.6.1).

When using the editor to update the scene names, the data isn't being stored correctly on the MMGT. When the scenes are stored on the MMGT, the first four scene names end up in scenes 5 thru 8, and their first characters are cut off. (e.g. scene one "Pizza" becomes "izza" in scene 5.) When reading settings back from the MMGT after applying changes, the first four scene names are correct as originally entered, but the fifth scene is cut off after the first letter, and the remaining scenes are blank.

When using Get Preset Names directly from the MMGT to update the preset/scene names, the preset name is set to "÷", and the scene names are all set to "÷÷".

If I edit the scene names manually on the MMGT, it works fine -- stores correctly, names show up in Scene buttons -- but the names won't be read from the editor software. They just come up as blank.

I've tried doing a factory reset on the MMGT but the behavior is the same. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

I just updated my Axe-Fx to version 17, and ran some tests, doing Get Preset Names and editing scene names in the editor. I haven't seen any problems here.

Please send me your GT settings file, and also let me know if you're using Windows or Mac.

Settings files sent in DM, and I'm using Windows. Also tried using a different computer and AxeFX, with the same results.

Tried downgrading to firmware 4.6.1 on the MMGT, which is what I was using before moving to 4.6.3. Did a factory reset, reloaded settings from a 4.6.1 backup -- same issues.

Back