scenes with Axe FX

toasterdude

Finally programming the GT for real. I have the IAs for my POD HD Pros working fine. No grouping needed as they are for turning on effects individually or in groups but no need to turn off any other IAs. If I save a GT preset with say phaser on POD FS2 active. When I recall that preset, the corresponding GT FS is lit to show that phaser is active.

On the axe fx side, I have 8 buttons for scene recall. I am recalling scenes on two axe Fx at once and occasionally add some other commands to a button for mobius or big sky presets etc. I have the 8 buttons in group 1 and obviously only one scene can be active at any point. However when I enter e preset it seems scene 7 button always appears to be on, even though the default scene is scene 1.

Can I get the button behavior to mimic what is happening on the axe? Also would I be able to save the preset with say scene 3 active and have the GT recall that preset with scene 3?

Thanks in advance for any help!

This worked for me.
Make sure that group has "allow all buttons off" turned off in the global settings. This should make the scene 1 button turn on by default. You can also program which scene button turns on for each preset by selecting the desired preset, then selecting the desired scene, then holding Page / IA Store until the main screen says "Stored".

Rain said:
This worked for me.
Make sure that group has "allow all buttons off" turned off in the global settings. This should make the scene 1 button turn on by default. You can also program which scene button turns on for each preset by selecting the desired preset, then selecting the desired scene, then holding Page / IA Store until the main screen says "Stored".

Tried all of that. Still doesn't work. I think I am going make the GT master and start looking at things from that point of view.

Haven't got my GT yet but reading along to prepare for programming mine in a few days.

Scene 7 indicates that the Axe-Fx receives CC #34 with value 006. As a single command, or as the last of a batch.

Make sure all of the buttons that select scenes have "Send on preset change" and "Update on preset change" turned on - you need those in order for the buttons to automatically send their messages when a preset is selected.

If "Send on preset change" on the Buttons page is switched on, does it override the global setting "Send CCs on Preset Change" if that's off?

For a button to send CCs on preset change, both the device-level setting and button-level setting have to be turned on. You'll need to set "Send CCs on preset change" to On and set "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change" to Off for any buttons you wish to be controlled by the Axe-Fx.

Back