Selah Quartz controlling RJM PBC6X buttons question

Here's the scenario I'm hoping to create:
In preset mode on the RJM, I'd like to have the bank down and bank up buttons controlled by the Selah Quartz. On the Quartz when I press the button it would equal the bank down button on the RJM, and when I press and hold on the Quartz it would equal bank up on the RJM.

I'd also like to reassign the bank down button (within preset mode) as an optional 5th preset button and I'd like to have the bank up reassigned to activate the global preset, if possible?

-Is this possible? If so, how would I go about programming the RJM?

I appreciate any insight and help/suggestions!

Sorry, that's not possible. You can add a 1 or 2 button footswitch to the External Switch input on the PBC, but the Quartz can't be that switch. Any normally open momentary footswitch will work if you don't need an LED on it (which you wouldn't for a bank button).

Good to know. Thank you!

I'm guessing that within the PBX6 presets aren't assigned midi PC messages, correct?

If you mean "do the PBC/6X presets send PC messages", then yes, they do by default. Each device you create will, by default, get sequential PC numbers. Selecting preset 1 on the PBC will send PC 0 to each device, selecting preset 2 will send PC 1, etc. This is completely user configurable, though.

If you mean "does the PBC/6X select presets based on incoming PC messages", then yes it will if you set MIDI Receive Channel to something other than None. PC0 = first preset, PC1 = second preset, etc. You can use MIDI bank messages to access all 768 presets.

Back