Select Device Preset AND Bypass On/Off with one Button PLUS Group

edwinstar

Hi dear Mastermind GT users!
Do you know how to make this work? I would like to be able to select my three favorite Strymon Presets per Device with three Mastermind Buttons and also Bypass them when i press the Button again. Also when selecting the next Button, the previous Button should unhighlight.

I can make one Button behave the way i want it, but it won't unhighlight when i switch the next Button.

Hope you know what I mean.
Thanks for helping!

Here's my Pedalboard:
Datei%2008.01.16%2010%2012%2050_zpsanakji32.jpeg

I'm not quite following, do you mean 9 buttons in total or 3, with 1 button per Strymon device using steps? Do you mean the 'next' button associated with that device?

Looking at the photo I'm guessing its with a different button per preset, with each device having it's own group. (So Timeline Group 1, Mobius Group 2, Big Sky Group 3 for example).

If that is right, then in theory each IA should have a program change message and the CC info for bypass. Something like the following.

Big Sky/PC off:None on:7
Big Sky:Bypass/CC Toggle #102 off:0 on:127

When you press another 'preset' button for the same device, as it's grouped it should in theory unhighlight the previously selected one.

You might not need the bypass 'on' set to 127, as I think when selecting a program change it automatically turns bypass off, though my GT and pedalboards are in flightcases at the moment, so this is off the top of my head looking at the editor, but I may be able to get them out later if this isn't what you're after.

thanks! that's exactly what i was doing, but it seems that when in group mode, the highlight/unhighlight function only works with the next button, not when you press the same button twice...

Go to the group settings (Global tab in the editor), turn on "allow all buttons off" for the group you're using. That will allow you to press a button again to turn it off. It will then send its "Off" messages.

Back