Sending a PC Message To Mainstage When Songs (ie Song Presets) Are Selected On GT

luca9583

Hi Ron

I have songs in Mainstage each set to be selectable via PC message on a Midi Channel. Mainstage is set up as a Device in the GT to respond to PCs on that Midi Channel.

Is there a way to make Songs in the GT (and also the LT) send those PC messages as soon as i select a preset in one of the GT's Songs? Or is the only workaround at the moment to add a Preset Action to a Preset that is tailor made for each GT Song?

The goal here is to make Mainstage select a song whenever a song is "selected" on the GT.

Sounds like you've set up most of it. Now, just edit each preset - in the PC Messages section of the Presets tab, you can specify which PC is sent to MainStage for each preset. You don't need to use preset actions.

Thanks Ron. Is there a way to make this happen when entering a Song in the GT instead? So for example, if i have 5 songs on the GT and they each have the same clean channel preset, is there a way for the GT to send a different PC to Mainstage simply because that same preset is being selected in a different song?

Soory, no, all decisions are made in the GT based on the currently selected preset, not the song.

Back