Set IA ID problem

Skiner

Hello, please help, I do not know what else to try. I am running 4.6.1 editor & firmware.

My RJM use case:
- page 1 is my preset page,
- presing FUNCTION btn takes me to my loops page 2 (and back to page 1), where I have access to audio loops and several other device related pages using hold buttons (Asabi & Golden boy extended midi control)
- on page 2 I also use hold on buttons 3 and 4 to switch between two gain stages on my Asabi & Golden Boy
- I use macros to define my base sounds (dist, drive, drive high, dist high with boost) and then I call these macros from presets where I add effects for specific song parts - delay, reverb etc. My idea was not to repeat myself in preset actions and move repeated stuff to macros. This will be easy to update in future.
- I want my page 2 to reflect state of my pedals when I change presets, for example when I activate a preset on page 1 with low gain on Golden Boy, I want to see the state on my page 2. I am triing to use "Set IA ID" action for this in my macros. I think simple IA link is not enough to update my buttons because of extended macros use.

The problem is: I have some macros, which are different only in controlled devices and IA id and two buttons 3 and 4
on page which are again practically the same. The problem is that "Set ID ID" simply does no work for one of my Macros / Presets

Please see my RJM file - song no. 10 caled "Test song". This includes mentioned Macros adn example presets. Everything works except on preset 8 - DRV hi+tr - hold state / color of button 3 should be set to blue, not to Purple.

Thanks for your help, please let me know for any additional info.

PS: PLEASE, fix missing CSS styles on editor manual website :-( http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Attachments

• 2021_05_24.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
That's a pretty complicated setup and there may be more than one issue you'll need to fix. However, one thing I saw right away is that you have Set IA actions that reference IA IDs that aren't used anywhere. For example, the Asabi macros have Set IA ID:20, but no IA buttons have IA ID 20 assigned to them. You should review all of that and make sure that your ID numbers are straight.

Yeah, I know about these. These were and will be used by Asabi / GB detail pages. I have just tried to remove as much IA IDs from my buttons to debug. I can also created some very simple RJM file and attach it instead of my whole config.

Can we just focus on the presets in the "test song"? I am also open to any advice how to reorganize all of this. It just seemed to me like a good idea to use macros for the repeated actions.

For example, is there any way how to use simple IA link with buttons using macros as their first action in list?

Thank you for your time.

Because there are so many things going on, you probably need to stick to using Set IA. IA Linking can't handle complicated situations.

I see that those presets call macros 30-33, and those macros affect IA IDs 30 and 31. However, I can't find any buttons that have IA ID 30. If you change macros 30 and 33 to have System / Set IA ID:31 off:0 on:0, that would turn off the gain buttons on the other pages.

Ok, Set IA is fine for me. I just do not see why it works for one pedal's macros and gets ignored for the other. I have already spend some time on this and did not found any "typo" in config etc.

ID 30 is not in use at the moment. I have just left it in macro not to forget turn it back on later. ID 31 should be switching the hold on button 3 (turning it purple).

I have already packed up my board for tumorrows rehearsal. I will check it later once again and let you know.

Is there any more detail info about the set IA principle? I just use it as event & listener principle - macro fires event "id 31" and button listens to specific event and turns its led on etc. Is this a correct idea?

You may be running into conflicts then. Do you have an example of a case that doesn't work? I ran your settings here, and the DRV high button makes button 3 on page 2 blue, and the other three presets make it purple. That seems correct, based on the saved state of the button and the macros that are being run.

Set IA does pretty much what you say. When the action is executed, it scans the system for any button that has the indicated ID. It sets the button to the requested state, then looks for the next button. Once all buttons have been scanned once, it will process any buttons that have changed due to the scan and the process repeats until no more changes happen.

I am away from my unit right now, but the example was in my first post:

"Please see my RJM file - song no. 10 caled "Test song". This includes mentioned Macros and example presets. Everything works except on preset 8 - DRV hi+tr - hold state / color of button 3 should be set to blue, not to Purple." Generally - buttons 3 and 4 on page to represent low or hi gain on Jackson drive pedals. Blue means high gain, purple means low. The preset "DRV hi+tr" does not turn of the purple color on button 3.

I will check it again soon in a few days. Maybe I am just missing something in my config :( But I have triple checked before posting

Thank you for your time! Also worth mentioning - the new "fuzz" option on audio loops is briliant idea! :)

Preset 8 runs macro 33, which sets IA #30. There are no buttons that have IA ID #30, so that does nothing.

If you look at the Buttons tab within the Presets tab, the "GB Gain" button is programmed to turn on in preset 8, that's why it's showing up as purple in that preset.

I have opened the exact version I have posted here - downloaded it from this thread just to make sure...
Looking at "Buttons tab within the Presets tab"... I am sorry, I do not get it :-(

Attachments

• 1621979190981.png
    1621979190981.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 7
OMG, I see it now. I did not know about this feature . This makes my macros idea soooo obsolete! This means that I can simply set state of the buttons on my device specific pages to presets and then presets will simply turn the buttons on or off? This is so cool! Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 1621983429500.png
    1621983429500.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 9
I have already watched some of the series, those are great.Yes, I am aware of Send on p. change & update :)

I have just came to idea that I will not be using macros for Asabi & GB anymore. I will make new improved button pages for these with buttons utilizing those complex MIDI commands and then store IA buttons state to presets. Which is basically what I wanted. The thing I totally missed was that I can scroll thru the button pages on preset page and see their states in editor and because of that I was leaning to much more complicated macros idea.

Thank you for your patience, my English is not as great as it was during my studies and sometimes it is complicated for me to express my thoughts.

Once again, RJM has blown my mind! Thank you :)

Back