Hi All
I have just joined a tribute band and thought i would use setlilst/song mode
is this possible?

Setlist Tribute
song 1
intro = Preset 1 scene 1
Vers = Preset 1 scene 5
Solo = Preset 1 scene 3

Yes, it's possible. When you set up your GT presets, you can specify both a preset and a scene to be recalled in the Axe-Fx III, using the PC Messages section of the Presets tab.

Hey thanks for the quick reply

Yes i know... but then i still need several preset my idea was that i could use the same preset but with different scenes in each part of the song, so i dont have to have a million presets.
That way one preset with 8 scenes will do many songs

That way one preset with 8 scenes will do many songs

That's the way I do it in my current band... same AxeFX 3 preset for every song. The preset is pretty mental and is on the limit of CPU usage. It also allows me to set the tempo for each song which gives the drummer a visual cue for the timing :cool:

That's the way I do it in my current band... same AxeFX 3 preset for every song. The preset is pretty mental and is on the limit of CPU usage. It also allows me to set the tempo for each song which gives the drummer a visual cue for the timing :cool:
So do you have many copyies of that preset
Several for each song or scenes

Every song references the same preset, so just one preset not many copies. That one preset has eight scenes, but I have a rjm expression pedal wah that engages/disengages automatically by position no matter the scene, and some other tricky IA's going on as well

yeha but what i want is like callin g the same preset for differnt song but i want it to call different scenes

I do the same thing in one of my bands. I call a preset & scene via PC commands (it's the mechanism the Ron recommended in your first reply). This makes it easy to think of a song as having sections composed of specific presets / scenes.

Yeah I can get that to work but the every time I call that preset it goes to eg. scene 3
but in some song when I call that preset I want it to go to scene eg.1

Every song references the same preset, so just one preset not many copies. That one preset has eight scenes, but I have a rjm expression pedal wah that engages/disengages automatically by position no matter the scene, and some other tricky IA's going on as well
Can you explain this a bit? I’m interested in what the OP is asking that I want to access one preset but different scenes via the song menu for different parts of a song, but I don’t want to have a bunch of preset copies with each different copy referring to a specific scene. I don’t know how to implement that in the song part of the editor. The only way I see I could do that is to make copies of a preset, but with each copy referring to a different scene.

yeha but what i want is like callin g the same preset for differnt song but i want it to call different scenes

Not sure you can do this... or I'm not really understanding what you are trying to do sorry... I call the same preset for every song, all of the scenes are available to press manually, but I don't think you can set a single common preset + different scene per song...? Ron?

Can you explain this a bit? I’m interested in what the OP is asking that I want to access one preset but different scenes via the song menu for different parts of a song, but I don’t want to have a bunch of preset copies with each different copy referring to a specific scene. I don’t know how to implement that in the song part of the editor. The only way I see I could do that is to make copies of a preset, but with each copy referring to a different scene.

As above I'm not sure if I'm understanding sorry... not sure why you would need the song menu if you have the one preset with all the scenes?

I'll show you what I do, hopefully it will help... I'm currently in a Kyuss tribute band, this is the buttons in my preset:

1663155439821.png

The Green buttons are the Scenes, I can change my setlists in the editor and just use the white Song Up and Song Down (if required) to go through the set. I can still hold down my tuner button to get to the Song Menu if I need to.

Here is the Song list in the editor, I'll show two songs as an example:

1663155845509.png

1663155867554.png

...both call the same preset (395: 100 DEGREES), the only difference is the song tempo which I use to make a button flash to give a visual cue on timing per song.

HTH
Pagzy

Yeah, we were thinking of different things. However, your setup looks cool and very useful. I think I’m going to try a variation of it. Thanks for the editor pics so I now know exactly how to do it.

If you create a different preset in the RJM for each song, each preset can still reference the same axe FX 3 preset but you can have it load up whatever scene you want for each. ie; Preset 1 on the RJM can call up preset 57 Scene 3 on the Axe FX, Preset 2 can call up Preset 57 Scene 8, etc. Then when you assign the presets to the songs you just match them up. There’s some work involved but it‘s worth it. I did that but was only using song mode because I didn’t want the Preset number using up space in the main screen. Now that you can turn off that number in preset mode I just use that. I don’t need to reorganize the presets for gigs because I use my iPad to arrange setlists and it just calls up the presets via midi.

Back