Setting an IA to Hold - can the original function be Momentary?

Chris@KatsuKuriMedia

I'm setting an IA to be a Hold type. My original function of the button (with or without the Hold option) is a momentary IA (using it for Loop 1 switch function on Infinity Looper).

IA works great as a normal button. And when I turn on the HOLD function and assign actions, the HOLD function works as intended and can be momentary, which i need.

However, the ORIGINAL function of the button that used to work no problem now seems to not work on a normal press. If I press the button quickly several times to get the main function, it eventually works, but a normal press doesn't seem to do it.

Is this a known issue?

My rjs file is attached. Buttons in question are Page 1 bottom right, Loop1 and Loop2.

Attachments

• 2016 Rig.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
That's correct, you can't have a momentary button as your normal function along with a hold function. It's set up that way because, if we allowed it, there would be no way to activate the hold function without also activating the normal function.

No, unfortunately not. On a button with a hold function, nothing happens until either one of two things happen:

1). The button is released before the minimum hold time elapses. In this case, it activates the button's main function
2). The button is held longer than the minimum hold time. In this case, it activates the button's main function

Nothing happens immediately when the button is pressed, because the GT is trying to figure out whether it will need to activate the hold function or the main function, and it can only do that by waiting.

Back