Setting up a GT-16 with a Kemper and Strymon pedals

ashy

Hey everyone,

I'm quite new to the midi business and purchased an RJM GT-16 a couple of months back which I haven't gotten around to setting up, until now!

I use a Kemper and 3 Strymon (Timeline, Bigsky, Mobius) pedals and I'm wondering what the best route for setting it up would be.

Is it better to run everything through a standard midi loop with the controller at the end?
Or would it be better to route all other midi devices to something like the RJM midi effect gizmo?

Thanks!

Because those pedals can bypass themselves, you don't necessarily need a Mini Effect Gizmo. I have not A/B tested them against the Mini Effect Gizmo to see if our switching is quieter, but ours probably will be a little quieter because of the Click Stopper.

I'm running a load of pedals through a mini effect gizmo, which then goes into a Timeline and Bigsky (and into a looper and another reverb).

The setup Ron describes works fine. There are no issues with clicks or anything using the Strymon pedals.

Only thing worth mentioning, is if you have 'persist' on, and want to have reverb and delay tails when bypassing the effect, it would force the Strymons into using the Buffer rather than True Bypass, but I've had no issues with this, just know some people get a bit 'vinyl enthusiast' about buffered bypass, and would rather sacrifice their first born child than use it.

I have no experience with the Kemper, though know the threads on here about it are pretty detailed so hopefully someone can help out with that side of things!

Back