Setting up expression pedal

fusionpete

Hello
Can someone advise what I need to do to get my expression pedal to work from the PBC 6x.

I’m using a Boss EV-30 to control 4 midi pedals, mainly an H9 which I’m using for wah. I also have the Mobius, Volante and Jet reverb.
The pedal works fine when connected directly to the H9, so I know it works, but I also want to use it to control other parameters on the rest of my midi pedals. Each pedal is set to its own midi channel, so no conflicting information.

Would it be a better idea to assign using the Exp Pedal 1 to 4, with each setting assigned to each pedal (assuming I want to control one pedal in isolation).
I could also use some of the other settings for pairs of pedals, should that need arise as the editing page allows for 2 pedals..

For the H9, my coding is - H9: Exp Pedal / CC Toggle #17 off:0 on:127 - Is this correct. If so, it’s not working.
Thanks

If you want to control one pedal at a time, then editing Exp Pedal blocks in the Globals tab, one for each pedal you want to control is the way to go.

Then, in each preset, you can use a preset action to call up one of those pedals:

Example:

System /ExpPedal #1 on:4

Load up expression pedal block number 4 for the expression pedal

If the expression pedal isn't working, have a look at the CC mappings in the H9's settings. For some reason, the H9 is shipped with no CCs pre-assigned. Assign CC#19 to expression pedal and it should work.

I should also mention that Boss expression pedals don't work correctly right out of the box with Mastermind. Or rather, they will kind of work, but all of the parameter change will be bunched up at one end of the pedal's travel. You'll need an adapter cable to fix it. This article describes in detail:

If you want to control one pedal at a time, then editing Exp Pedal blocks in the Globals tab, one for each pedal you want to control is the way to go.

Then, in each preset, you can use a preset action to call up one of those pedals:

Example:

System /ExpPedal #1 on:4

Load up expression pedal block number 4 for the expression pedal

If the expression pedal isn't working, have a look at the CC mappings in the H9's settings. For some reason, the H9 is shipped with no CCs pre-assigned. Assign CC#19 to expression pedal and it should work.

I should also mention that Boss expression pedals don't work correctly right out of the box with Mastermind. Or rather, they will kind of work, but all of the parameter change will be bunched up at one end of the pedal's travel. You'll need an adapter cable to fix it. This article describes in detail:

Thanks for getting back so quickly!
I think the issue with Boss pedals relates to a different pedal. I have this pedal on another board where it’s working perfectly.

According the the H9, CC 19 is to activate the tuner. That said, I set up the coding this way with Exp Pedal 1, but it’s still not being received in the H9. I also tried with CC 17 which doesn’t work.

The 6x is working with the expression pedal as I can see the display on the right moves with the pedal, but the information is not being transmitted or perhaps, not being received correctly in the H9.

I’ve checked all the pedal settings on the H9 and these sem to be correct. I’m also taking this up with Eventide to see if they can advise.
Thanks

Back