Setting up the Mastermind GT 22 with a TC Electronic G-Force

Zelle

Hi Ron,

first of all thank you for developing such a great MIDI controller. The GT 22 is incredible !! After receiving, unpacking and admire it, I have immediatlely connected the GT 22 with my other devices (Engl Savage 120, Amp Gizmo, TC Electronic G-Force) and made the necessary setups.

The amp channel switching with grouped IA Buttons controlling the Amp Gizmo (on Midi Chanel 2) works fine on the GT 22.

The G-Force Effects switching (e.g. Gate, Compressor, Filters, Pan+Trem, Pitch, Delay, Drive, Chorus, Reverb) and functions like the Bypass, Tuner or Tempo with IA Buttons works also fine on the GT 22.

Only the G-Force Factory Preset switching (Factory Presets #1 to #225 in ROM bank) and the User Preset switching (in User bank) with the Preset Buttons of the GT 22 doesn't unfortunately work.

I have
- set the Midi Channel 1 on both GT 22 and the G-Force,
- added the device TC Electronic - G-Force in the GT 22 (incl. Set Default buttons),
- used the MMGT Editor (Version 2.0) and made the necessary setups for the G-Force (e.g. Midi Chanel:1, PC Offset:1, Bank Type:MSB, Midi Port: MidiOut, Max PC: 128, Max Bank: 14, Send PC: activated, Send CCs n Preset Change: activated, rest disabled),
- set on the G-Force in the I(O Setup the
-- Basic Chanel to: 1
-- Programm Change to: Preset Recall
-- Mapping Mode to: Into ROM Bank

... and I tried many different other setup variations on both the GT 22 and the G-Force

but unfortunately the G-Force doesn't respond to the switching of the GT 22 Preset buttons at all. On the G-Force there is a small indicator (MIDI IN) displaying incoming Midi information. I have established that this indicator is flashing one time when I press/switch a GT 22 Preset button which is also assigned with a IA function (for the G-Force Effects). However this is not the case when I press/switch a GT 22 Preset button without any assigned IA function; in this case the indicator doesn't respond.

Now, I assume that I have forgotten or overseen to make a necessary set up on the GT 22 and/or the G-Force but unfortunately I have no idea where the problem is. Do you have any Ideas how to solve this problem, or maybe better, is there a video tutorial for a Set Up of the Mastermind GT 22 with the TC Electronic G-Force available?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Zeljko

Re: Setting up the Mastermind GT 22 with a TC Electronic G-F

That sounds correct to me - can you send me a copy of your GT settings file so I can check it out?

Yes of course, I have send you a copy of my current GT settings file for your review by email.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi Ron,
I am having the same issue with the G Force, any solutions?
Thanks, Kevin

The previous poster's problem was fixed by turning on "Send Redundant PCs" for the G-Force in the Device Settings tab on the GT. If that doesn't help, please send your settings file and I'll figure it out.

Back