signal Loss

Hebaton

I am experiencing signal loss from my PCB10. even with NO loops on there is a significant loss in signal strenth compared to going directly to he amp.
all buffers are on so is dry signal...
suggestions anyone ?

Anything in your insert loops, such as between loops 4 and 5, or loops 6 and 7? Anything before or after the PBC, or is it guitar straight into PBC and PBC straight out to amp?

Guitar straight in and out straight to amp. nothing inserted...
It would seem the issue has something to do with strymon pedals...

Last edited:
The pedals in the loop should have no effect if the loops are off. Have you tried turning off all of the buffers? If a buffer or click stopper has failed, it could have that effect.

The pedals in the loop should have no effect if the loops are off. Have you tried turning off all of the buffers? If a buffer or click stopper has failed, it could have that effect.
I will try that immediately and get back...

I will try that immediately and get back...
Just tested all buffers Off, no change. For what its worth, going directly into the amp I have to turn my instrument volume down to 6/10 to get the same... this is basically a new unit. running latest firmware. I am starting to think this may be awarranty call

Last edited:
Try each group of loops: In 1-4 to Out 1-4, In 5-6 to Out 5-6 and In 7-10 to Out A. See which section is where the problem lies. That will help us debug it.

Also, are you trying to use any stereo effects? And, how do you have the mono/stereo buttons set on the rear?

I have a couple ODs in the first 4 loops, Then a Strymon Timeline in loop 7 a Mobius in loop 8 and a FLint in loop 10
All of those are conected with insert cables. First button Stere/ ^Mono is set to Stereo the output is set to mono ( but I v'e tried all possible combinations to no avail ) THe flint only hs Mono in, ( not version two ) I tried it using a standard cable and tried it using a TRS cable from lopp send to input. No luck. GOing to try all sections now. Back in a few minutes
THank you !

Try each group of loops: In 1-4 to Out 1-4, In 5-6 to Out 5-6 and In 7-10 to Out A. See which section is where the problem lies. That will help us debug it.

Also, are you trying to use any stereo effects? And, how do you have the mono/stereo buttons set on the rear?
Issue is in last section. Problem occurs when goin in 1/10 and out A none of the other sections

Issue somehow related to the Flint it seems. But something about preset 1. I am attaching the setup file, maybe you can locate something in preset 1. But there was the same issue in all presets, unless I change the mono / stereo button to mono ( pushed in ) then it goes away...except for preset 1. If I want to use the PCB as an ABY using stereo effects when both outs are on, can I not use stereo ?

Attachments

• Current.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Please read the post at the top of the forum "Using Stereo Effects" - when using a mono input / stereo output pedal, you have to use a ring disconnect cable to go from the loop send to the pedal input, otherwise you will have volume loss. This is a cable with a TS plug on one side and a TRS plug on the other, with the ring disconnected on the TRS side. Details are in my link.

Issue somehow related to the Flint it seems. But something about preset 1. I am attaching the setup file, maybe you can locate something in preset 1. But there was the same issue in all presets, unless I change the mono / stereo button to mono ( pushed in ) then it goes away...except for preset 1. If I want to use the PCB as an ABY using stereo effects when both outs are on, can I not use stereo ?
Currently, on Preset one, If I have the no 10 loop in parallel with the Flint in it, I get a weak signal weather the loop is on or off, If I set the loop to series, I still get weak signal in or out ( loop ) On other preset positions, If button set to stereo, I get good signal when loop off, silence when loop on. button set to mono, I get good signal loop in or out

Please read the post at the top of the forum "Using Stereo Effects" - when using a mono input / stereo output pedal, you have to use a ring disconnect cable to go from the loop send to the pedal input, otherwise you will have volume loss. This is a cable with a TS plug on one side and a TRS plug on the other, with the ring disconnected on the TRS side. Details are in my link.
O.K. my bad for not doing all my home work. Sorry about that. BUt, tha does not explain ( unless I am missing something ) whay ONe preset behaves differently ????

I don't know... what settings are different in preset 1? Is that the only preset that has the Flint's loop enabled?

I don't know... what settings are different in preset 1? Is that the only preset that has the Flint's loop enabled?
no, I only have 3 presets that I started putting toghether, that all use the flint I did not get very far because of this issue and other constraints. But I uploaded the setup file a couple responses back, if you want to look at it, maybe something will be obvious to you ?

There are a lot of things different with those presets, different loops are turned on in each one, some have the buffers on, some have them off, etc.

In any case, I'm certain that having a normal mono cable in loop 7 will cause a problem in some cases. Replacing it is your best bet. If you want to investigate further, you can try turning loops on and off, especially loops 1-6, and also buffers 1 and 2. Figure out which combinations show the problem and which are ok.

Again, thank you. I will investigate and eventually let you know what I find. Maybe something in tehre can help get the product somewhat better. AT least I hope this was not entirely wated time and effort. I will let you know what, if anything, I can find.
Regards,
Claude

Back