Simple Patch Scrolling w/Axe-Fx 3

OmegaZero

I'm sure this is an easy answer, but I can't quite find what I'm looking for in the manual, forums, etc. I've set up my Bank Down and Bank Up buttons on the first page to be Device PC Down and Device PC Up instead. I'm using scenes to do in-song switching with buttons 1-4 on the first page, so I seldom need to change patches. I'm running into an issue with banks; when I go up from 127 the next preset I get is 000 (not 128). Is this expected due to the bank boundary, or do I have something set up incorrectly?

It sounds like you do need to correct the bank settings. On the Devices page, set Bank Type to MSB, Max PC to 127 and # of Presets to 512

I apparently did have the bank settings correct, so at least that's something. The actual issue was much more embarrassing... I didn't realize the controller is internally tracking what preset the device is on. It makes sense - should have figured that one out. What happened was I moved to preset 127 via the front panel and then tried to move up to 128 to make sure banks were working. Of course, that did not work correctly because the controller still thought it was on 0/0. :oops:

Any chance there's a way for the controller to display the device preset it thinks it is on? I see now that it flashes this info when I change device patches - can I make it stay on the screen?

I apparently did have the bank settings correct, so at least that's something. The actual issue was much more embarrassing... I didn't realize the controller is internally tracking what preset the device is on. It makes sense - should have figured that one out. What happened was I moved to preset 127 via the front panel and then tried to move up to 128 to make sure banks were working. Of course, that did not work correctly because the controller still thought it was on 0/0. :oops:

Any chance there's a way for the controller to display the device preset it thinks it is on? I see now that it flashes this info when I change device patches - can I make it stay on the screen?

I'll consider it, but screen space is pretty limited, it wouldn't work well in the general case with multiple MIDI devices.

I'm sure this is an easy answer, but I can't quite find what I'm looking for in the manual, forums, etc. I've set up my Bank Down and Bank Up buttons on the first page to be Device PC Down and Device PC Up instead. I'm using scenes to do in-song switching with buttons 1-4 on the first page, so I seldom need to change patches. I'm running into an issue with banks; when I go up from 127 the next preset I get is 000 (not 128). Is this expected due to the bank boundary, or do I have something set up incorrectly?
I am wanting to do something similar. I want each bank to select a different preset and the use the buttons 1-6 to select scenes in the preset. Can you send me your file so I can see how you are doing this. I am not able to glean this from the manual. Also do you need to turn off mapping in the AXE FX3?

Back