simply saving setups...

Hebaton

Hey, I must be missing the basics here but any changes I make trough the editor are lost on unit restart. I don't see a "save" button anywhre.
What am I missing please ?

So in order to make changes I have to create a file that save my config ?
Even after doing that, it does not seem to work. If I create a preset at position 1, save to file, chage preset and come back, none of my settings are applied. The nit seems to revert to the global settings ...

When you say "come back", do you mean start up the editor again? If so, every time you start the editor, you have to open the file using the menu option to read it in again.

Still , the loops asingments are now working but no midi PC or Conrollers are working...
So far I am unable to send program changes or Expression pedal controlls...

Last edited:
When you say "come back", do you mean start up the editor again? If so, every time you start the editor, you have to open the file using the menu option to read it in again.
I can now get the loops changed correctly but nothing midi seems to work...
I am wondering if it would be possible to send me a 1 preset file that shows me how to send PC and C messages to a couple devices.
I currently have a cable goiing from midi out to a Strymon mobius, he out to a Boss DD200. I am attaching my curent ( just starting ) sonfig so that you could point out why this is not working... Maybe ?
Thank you !
P.S. I am also trying to see if it is possible to get info to and from the connected devices from my computer trough the Mastermind...

Attachments

• premier setup.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
I am still unable to get anything MIDI working. NO PC are going trough. If I try to connect to my Strymon Mobius trough the MMAstermind, I get error message "midi in busy" or "No response" depending on commections. Also, on the audio part of the equation, IF I have the Mobius set to series, no sgnal gets trough when that loop is off.
Please help. If you have a ample setup file that would get my midi setup working I could look at it and see where my mistakes are,,,
THank you again !

...If I try to connect to my Strymon Mobius trough the MMAstermind, I get error message "midi in busy" or "No response" depending on commections... THat is using Strymon Software, either their librarian or Nixie

Ok, the first problem I see is that you have both devices and the Mastermind all on the same MIDI channel. You need to change the DD-200's MIDI channel to 2 in the Devices tab, and also change the MIDI channel to 2 on the DD-200 pedal itself (consult the DD-200's manual for how to do that).

In MIDI settings in the Mastermind editor, set MIDI Receive Channel to None. With the way it's set, you will probably encounter problems. Don't enable MIDI Receive Channel unless you want to use a computer or other MIDI controller to change presets on the Mastermind. And, if you do want that, you should set MIDI Receive Channel to be a MIDI channel different than what your other pedals are using.

Once you correct the MIDI channels, you should get preset changes to work. You don't need to add PC actions to to a preset, the preset numbers chosen in the PC Numbers section of the Presets tab will be sent to their respective pedals.

Here's a video I did on setting up presets. It may be helpful:
Basic Preset Editing

Regarding the using of the Nixie editor: MIDI Thru or "MIDITH" needs to be set to MERGE on the Mobius. Also, you need a connection from the MIDI Output or MIDI Thru of the DD-200 that connects back to the MIDI Input of the PBC. Otherwise, the Mobius can't communicate back to the editor.

I'm not sure why Loop 7 isn't passing signal. Does the loop work if you unplug the cables from send 7 and return 7? Check both cables and make sure they're good.

Ok, the first problem I see is that you have both devices and the Mastermind all on the same MIDI channel. You need to change the DD-200's MIDI channel to 2 in the Devices tab, and also change the MIDI channel to 2 on the DD-200 pedal itself (consult the DD-200's manual for how to do that).

In MIDI settings in the Mastermind editor, set MIDI Receive Channel to None. With the way it's set, you will probably encounter problems. Don't enable MIDI Receive Channel unless you want to use a computer or other MIDI controller to change presets on the Mastermind. And, if you do want that, you should set MIDI Receive Channel to be a MIDI channel different than what your other pedals are using.

Once you correct the MIDI channels, you should get preset changes to work. You don't need to add PC actions to to a preset, the preset numbers chosen in the PC Numbers section of the Presets tab will be sent to their respective pedals.

Here's a video I did on setting up presets. It may be helpful:
Basic Preset Editing

Regarding the using of the Nixie editor: MIDI Thru or "MIDITH" needs to be set to MERGE on the Mobius. Also, you need a connection from the MIDI Output or MIDI Thru of the DD-200 that connects back to the MIDI Input of the PBC. Otherwise, the Mobius can't communicate back to the editor.

I'm not sure why Loop 7 isn't passing signal. Does the loop work if you unplug the cables from send 7 and return 7? Check both cables and make sure they're good.
THanks again. Unfortunately, after doing everything described here ( and nothing else ) I am still not getting midi PC or CC to the pedals.
For the sake of keeping things simple, i disconnected the DD200 and ran midi cables to and from the Strymon . NO luck...

Bidirectional MIDI should not be turned on, MIDI Forward needs to be on if you want to use Nixie.

Double check the channel setting on your Mobius pedal, make sure that it's set to channel 1. That can be found in global settings on the pedal itself. Also try different MIDI cables, in case you have a bad one in there.

Bidirectional MIDI should not be turned on, MIDI Forward needs to be on if you want to use Nixie.

Double check the channel setting on your Mobius pedal, make sure that it's set to channel 1. That can be found in global settings on the pedal itself. Also try different MIDI cables, in case you have a bad one in there.
Now starting to get somewhere . Did have a bad cable...

Back