Small issues with Two Button External Switch

Kamil Rustam

Hello, so here are the issues (Hopefully you have a solution..):

1- I programmed one of the ext buttons to send midi tap to my Strymon Mobius and that works fine but I would like, when I select that preset, to have the LED always on (To remind me it is an active button for that preset ) Whatever I do in the "Button Settings" Page On & Off Colors ( I tried black on both on & Off/ Red on Both on & Off, etc...), the preset starts with a non lit led and each time I press the switch it switches from on to Off .

2- I have the other ext button programmed to be a master Tap Tempo and iy works great as well but is there a possibility to have it flash the tempo as soon as I select the preset ? right now it will only flash after I press the switch

3- ( A more problematic thing...) On another preset I programmed one of the ext buttons to send a fn switch so I can trigger my modified super ego. It works but I noticed a slight level change in my sound when the relay triggers, so, to test and see if the culprit was one of the other fx, I created a preset with no FX loop on ( Straight guitar signal through the PBC) and I even disconnected the Fn Switch from the PBC, and when I press the ext buttons (sending the signal to the fn switch, I still get a slight level change for a millisecond... it seems like that shouldn't be happening?

Any suggestions

Thanks

Ok I found that if I have buffer 2 or 3 on, I will get that drop in sound when I press the function Switch. The buffer 1 doesn't affect the signal, so that issue is solved: I just have to disable buffer 2 & 3 in the presets that use the fn switch

Last edited:
At this time, external switches don't respond at all to the color settings. You're right that they should at least pay attention to black/non-black colors.

I'll have to look into the external switch flashing, I would expect it to do that correctly.

The quick level change is the Click Stopper circuit - it mutes the signal for a few milliseconds when switching relays. They're part of the buffer 2 and buffer 3 circuits. You can disable them in Audio Settings if needed.

Back