Solved- Axe 3 Scenes Don't Update On Scene Change

Hunter

I have seen a couple of threads that were similar to this but they were either not exactly this or didn't have a solution at the end and I can't figure out what's up. I am controlling an Axe 3 with a GT16 and am on current firmware and editor.
I have several IA buttons set up to change scenes and they stay lit up even when I switch back to another scene unless I switch back from the original button. I have all scene buttons set to switch back to scene 1 when off and the light changes when I hit the same scene button the second time but if I use another button then they stay on. I thought the scenes do switch in the Axe, just that is not reflected on the GT16 but in checking it out more, sometimes it takes a second press of a different scene button to get it on the right scene after all.
For example, I have Main Gain, Med Gain and Low Gain scenes on a preset and if I hit the Med Gain button once and then hit it again to go back to Main Gain, the light changes but if I hit the Main Gain button to go back to scene 1 instead, the Med Gain button stays lit and it may switch to Main Gain but may also take a second press to get it to go back to scene one. I end up with all of them on eventually and don't know what's on and what isn't.
My IA's for effects work like they should- they update when I change scenes but none of the scenes themselves do. I thought they may have worked correctly before because I just noticed the problem recently but am not positive on that. It also happens on page 1 or in IA mode either one.
I have update on preset change set in all of them and I also tried setting the off value to 127 like my effects or to none but neither worked.
Is there something else I need to do or is this a limitation of the scene programming? Any help is appreciated. I have my preset buttons set to revert on second press like the effects and they all work fine, it's just the scenes themselves that don't work the same way and I need them too to be able to control things like I want.

If you want buttons to respond to the Axe-Fx's status, you need to turn off "Update on Preset Change" on them - turning it on means that the GT has control of the buttons, turning it off means that the Axe-Fx has control of them.

Thank you- that worked! That's why it used to work and then didn't. Now that I think about it- I think I changed them while trying to figure out how to keep an effect on across preset changes. I never could figure that one out either so is that possible?

Back