SOLVED: Urgent - GT22 Frozen and we have a practice in 2 hours

AdrianG

Hi guys,

My GT22 is hooked up to my AxeFX3 using the powered XLR. The GT22 is showing my last preset that I was on, but none of the buttons are functional. When you press the buttons the LED screens don't change, even the Tap Tempo isn't flashing. I cannot access it via USB, and the 2 little black buttons you hold for system settings are also not functional.

The AxeFX3 seems fine, but I have no other controller.

Everything was working perfectly last night in my studio, I did not change anything other than power everything off when I went to bed. This afternoon I powered it up and it is in this frozen state.

I have disconnected all cables, and reconnected them, this hasn't worked.

Can you give any advice please? I play live in a couple of days, but need this working tonight.

EDIT: I did not do any updates last night, it is on the latest (current) firmware and has been for the last couple of months. The AxeFX3 is on FW8 and I have played live a couple of times on these updates without any issues.

Some more information. The GT22 shows the preset and is frozen with the Axe3 on and off regardless. It seems to be stuck on a cached preset and none of the buttons are working.

Hi Ron,

I don't have any MIDI cables attached other than the XLR6, I'll dig out the power supply and try it that way and let you know. Thanks for the super fast reply!!

Does it work if you power up with no MIDI cables attached?
Nope, it is still hanging without the MIDI cables. Seems to have cached my last preset (which is the one I normally use)

You can do a full reset following this process. You'll have to reload your settings after doing this:
https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/en/s.../215581-how-to-do-a-complete-wipe-of-settings

The 2 black buttons seem to be unresponsive, will this procedure still work? I am trying it now.

The 2 black buttons seem to be unresponsive, will this procedure still work? I am trying it now.

I see what you mean, this seems to be doing exactly what you said it would. Will update this thread as soon as it finishes resetting it. I have plenty of backups so that isn't an issue at all.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post, sorry!

It's working!! Ron you are such an awesome person, thank you so very much!! I should have known about doing the reset as I had read about it months ago, but in my panic I couldn't find it.

What on earth do you think could have caused this? I'd like to know because I want to try avoid it in future, especially when I am about to go on stage. If I can change anything to avoid this then I want to do it.

Thanks again for the amazingly fast help with this!

Although, Get Preset Names just hangs now, is there something I might have missed?

EDIT: Solved, when I was checking the cables I had unplugged the MIDI ones and stupidly plugged the I/O back into the phantom box the wrong way around. I suspect you were already guessing that! Thank you so much!! All working perfectly now!

It's definitely odd, considering that you didn't change anything. It seems like settings got corrupted, which usually only happens if the GT is powered down during transfer, or something similarly drastic. Hopefully, it won't happen again, but if it does, definitely let me know.

It's definitely odd, considering that you didn't change anything. It seems like settings got corrupted, which usually only happens if the GT is powered down during transfer, or something similarly drastic. Hopefully, it won't happen again, but if it does, definitely let me know.

Thanks Ron! My gear was all setup in my home studio, I had played it the night before and everything was fine (no updates or even changes to the config, I just used it for working out some songs on the guitar). I powered down as I normally do, and the next day when I powered up problem was apparent.

That said, I used it in the practice last night (so about 3 hours on stage) and it worked absolutely perfectly. No issues at all! So I'm hoping it is just a once off glitch, it certainly has never done this before.

Thanks again for your fast help on this one!

Back