Song Mode: Possible To Send A Midi Message For Each Song Selected?

luca9583

Hi Ron

I want to sync an Akai MPK261 Midi Keyboard with song changes in the GT so that when i select a Song on the GT, it sends a Midi message to the Akai to change presets.

The Akai only responds to SysEx messages for selecting its presets externally so can the GT be set up to send a different SysEx message every time a Song is selected?

Last edited:
Good idea - we would need to have a song action list or something like that. Unfortunately, it's not something we can do right now. I'm not sure if it would be sufficient, but you could add some actions to the first preset in each song - that might be good enough to do the job for now?

Good idea - we would need to have a song action list or something like that. Unfortunately, it's not something we can do right now. I'm not sure if it would be sufficient, but you could add some actions to the first preset in each song - that might be good enough to do the job for now?

Unfortunately that wouldn't work as all my songs have the same Clean preset as their first preset.

Another good function of a song action list would be the ability to save a rough ballpark tempo for each song, which could then be fine tuned with tap tempo.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work as all my songs have the same Clean preset as their first preset.

Another good function of a song action list would be the ability to save a rough ballpark tempo for each song, which could then be fine tuned with tap tempo.

You can set a tempo for each song now, so that's taken care of, at least.

Back