Song mode

Andy Power

i get song mode and set list mode - though can’t really figure out how to set it up in the GT editor.
I am using a GT16 along with an Axe III...
I would like to use some different inteligent harmony keys for some songs etc..
What’s the difference between ‘song mode’ on the GT and just basically going from Preset 1, Preset 2 etc on the Axe just using an increment switch.
Would love to hear how some of you guys use your GT’s

Last edited:
Songs are basically just user-programmable banks. Without songs, you see presets 1-5, you then press bank up to see presets 6-10, etc. Everything is in numerical order. Using song mode, you can decide exactly which group of presets you see when you switch banks, they're no longer tied to preset numbers. And, you can name each song, which you can't do with standard banks of presets.

I hope this makes sense, hopefully others will be able to give real world examples.

Songs are basically just user-programmable banks. Without songs, you see presets 1-5, you then press bank up to see presets 6-10, etc. Everything is in numerical order. Using song mode, you can decide exactly which group of presets you see when you switch banks, they're no longer tied to preset numbers. And, you can name each song, which you can't do with standard banks of presets.

I hope this makes sense, hopefully others will be able to give real world examples.

Brilliant, I’m going to have an experiment with that, thanks for the reply...:)

Back