song/setlist mode questions?

todd

hey folks--i've been researching midi controllers and i'm heavily leaning towards the PBC. i downloaded the editor software and spent a little bit of time setting up some presets, songs and a set list in doing my research.

seems pretty cool, but since i don't have the device in front of me, i'm curious how the device functions in set list mode. most specifically, what the button layout and screen will be in that mode.

• am i correct in assuming it just defaults to your page 1 button layout in setlist mode? or is there another way to program the button layout during setlist mode?
  • do buttons on the setlist mode page just automatically get populated with the presets for that song? so if you have 5 buttons programmed as preset buttons, it fills in the first five 5 presets programmed for that song, in order?
  • in setlist mode the LCD display's top line is the song name and 2nd line is the preset active for the song?
  • bank up and bank down browse through the songs in the setlist?
if you guys have any screenshots or pics/videos of the thing running in setlist mode, that'd answer a ton of questions. cheers!

Yes, you have it all pretty much correct. The button pages are exactly the same. It functions exactly as it does in the normal bank/preset mode, with only two changes: The preset buttons are populated with presets from the current song (instead of from the current bank), and the bank buttons become song up and down buttons. The song name will be displayed at the top of the screen. (Okay, that's three things...)

awesome! thanks for the info! you guys should post some follow up videos--the video you posted on the editor walkthrough was pretty helpful!

Ron, If you have more than 5 presets in a song how do you bank up to the rest of the presets.

Ron, If you have more than 5 presets in a song how do you bank up to the rest of the presets.

Currently, you don't - you can only use as many presets as you have preset buttons defined. You could add other preset buttons as hold functions for buttons, use external switches, etc.

Having some other way to access additional presets in a song is on the to-do list. I'm not sure how it will be implemented yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Currently, you don't - you can only use as many presets as you have preset buttons defined. You could add other preset buttons as hold functions for buttons, use external switches, etc.

Having some other way to access additional presets in a song is on the to-do list. I'm not sure how it will be implemented yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Hey Ron,

Is there a way I can assign one button to cycle thru my presets (Intro,Verse,Chorus) in a song in "setlist mode"? I dont mind that it lays out the presets for me on the board but Id figure in "setlist mode" I can have one button cycle thru the presets in an order I choose instead of taking up real estate. If so, HOW??? That would free up other buttons that I can assign to be IA buttons.

You could use a Preset + button. It will advance through each preset in the song. When you get to the last preset in a song, it will advance to the next song. Not sure if that's desirable or not.

...The song name will be displayed at the top of the screen. (Okay, that's three things...)
I'm having trouble getting the song title to display on the top half of the display as you say it should be doing...each preset says "preset," and I'm definitely in setlist mode. I've used the the Mastermind Editor 3.1.1 software to upload my first setlist onto my PBC.

I actually had trouble getting the setlist loaded too. It seems that there may be a naming bug in the setlist feature? I originally loaded a setlist named "First Wednesday 7/12/16" in the setlist 1 slot. I had this set to the current set list under the global tab. For some reason it only loaded the third and sixth songs in my setlist. I tried reloading the settings from the editor a couple times. Same thing. Then I built an identical set with the same songs in the setlist 2 slot. Without renaming this setlist I loaded it to the current set in the global tab. This time the songs loaded properly. I then renamed the "First Wednesday" set without the date at the end on a hunch. It loaded fine this time. Weird, huh?

Still, I'm having trouble getting the song titles to show in the song's presets. This would be super helpful to have working. I'll easily forget the order of my songs without it. I'm playing a big set tomorrow night. This is my second time to perform with the PBC, and I'm planning on using the setlist mode. Honestly I'm still intimidated at the thought of performing with this thing. Love it, but it's a deep machine!

I know I'm becoming a nerd full of questions, but are the preset/song titles supposed to scroll across the screen? I could have sworn I had seen units doing that online.

If your current button page has a name, then it will be displayed at the top. Clear out the name from your presets page and it'll fix it.

The setlist issues are odd. You can send me your file if you like. I have seen some issues where the setlist doesn't update, but power cycling the PBC fixes it. Maybe that's what you ran into. I have not been able to reproduce the problem frequently enough to fix it, though.

I haven't yet implemented scrolling titles, it's on the to-do list.

If your current button page has a name, then it will be displayed at the top. Clear out the name from your presets page and it'll fix it.

The setlist issues are odd. You can send me your file if you like. I have seen some issues where the setlist doesn't update, but power cycling the PBC fixes it. Maybe that's what you ran into. I have not been able to reproduce the problem frequently enough to fix it, though.

I haven't yet implemented scrolling titles, it's on the to-do list.
That's all good news! I will sort out the first button page naming. I do remember titling it "Presets" before I started testing out the setlist features. So that has to be it. Thanks for the quick help!

As for the buggy bits, everything seems chill now. If I do run into more problems in the future, I'll remember to send you a copy of my Mastermind file.

You could use a Preset + button. It will advance through each preset in the song. When you get to the last preset in a song, it will advance to the next song. Not sure if that's desirable or not.

Hello,
Would you mind elaborating on this? How to do this on the editor?
Thanks

Back