Song tempo not working correctly for Axe FX III

casimir

I am having an issue when setting the tempo for a song in the setlist. I have the macro set to send tempo when the song changes, but it is tapping a tempo more than double of what was set in the MMGT editor. My tap tempo button works just fine, it is only the song tempo that is not working. Any ideas what to check?

If you're using a tap tempo CC (instead of MIDI clock), set Off CC Value on the button to None.

If you're using a tap tempo CC (instead of MIDI clock), set Off CC Value on the button to None.
It is closer now, but a song tempo of 84 is entering a tempo of 120 on the AXE FX, a tempo of 76 enters 138. Seems kinda strange.

I found that changing the action in the macro from CC Momentary to CC Toggle fixes it (mostly). It's not as accurate as I'd like, but it's much closer than before. I think that too much is going on during a preset change to get taps to come through accurately. They have to compete with everything else being sent over the MIDI line at the time.

You're better off using MIDI clock instead of CC taps. Set auto taps to 0 and MIDI Clock to Transmit. You may have to enable MIDI clock receive on the Axe-Fx.

I found that changing the action in the macro from CC Momentary to CC Toggle fixes it (mostly). It's not as accurate as I'd like, but it's much closer than before. I think that too much is going on during a preset change to get taps to come through accurately. They have to compete with everything else being sent over the MIDI line at the time.

You're better off using MIDI clock instead of CC taps. Set auto taps to 0 and MIDI Clock to Transmit. You may have to enable MIDI clock receive on the Axe-Fx.
I can give that a try! The issue I always run into when using the midi clock is that I lose the blinking on the tap tempo button. Also, I could not find a command that taps the tempo for the MMGT midi clock. I found commands that set the tempo to a certain value, but it seemed like I lost the ability to use tap tempo when the midi clock is enabled.

The tap button should work fine with MIDI clock, people use it all the time. When setting up a button for tap tempo using MIDI clock, turn off all checkboxes on the button except Update on Preset Change and Flash w/ Tempo, which should be on.

Back