Songs and Setlists Template for 6 Song Sections

Neill00

After learning how to set up songs and setlists in a way that would allow me to be on one preset/scene on axe fx for one section of a song and then go to a different preset/scene for another section such as a solo or a bridge, I endeavoured on the tedious task to setting it all up. I have the MMGT-10 and so I set mine up for only 4 songs sections. I realize many users have the 16 or 22 and so could afford to dedicate 6 buttons for song sections, so I created a blank template for setting up Songs and Setlists that will save a bunch of time for anyone that wants to set up their MMGT in this way. Basically I've gone through all 768 presets and named them as follows;

Preset 1) Intro|Song 1
Preset 2) Verse|Song !
Preset 3) Chorus|Song 1
Preset 4) Bridge|Song 1
Preset 5) Solo|Song 1
Preset 6) Variation|Song 1

Then presets 7 through 12 would repeat except that it would be Song 2 after each section, Presets 13 through 18 Song 3 and so on for a total of 128 songs. I then went into the Songs section and pre-assigned all the songs so that the first 6 presets are assigned to Song 1 and the next 6 to Song 2 etc. so all the heavy lifting is done. Because there is a "|" between the section name and the song name only the section names "Intro", "Verse", "Chorus", "Bridge", "Solo" and "Variation" show up in the button screens, you won't see "Song 1", "Song 2" etc. So there's no need to change the Song Names in the presets. In the Songs section where you start preparing your setlist, you can change the name of the song to whatever you like and that will show up in the main screen.

I am attaching the template here along with a spreadsheet incase anyone uses Bandhelper or a similar app on an iPad. The spreadsheet shows all the midi bank and PCs to pull up any song on the MMGT.

Hopefully with will save some folks some time, or even offer the opportunity to try out this feature without too much work. You can just save what you have on the profile you have MMGT now so that you can lload it back in later.

I'm thinking of doing another with 4 Sections "Intro", "Verse", "Chorus" and "Solo" for those that only want to dedicate 4 buttons to song sections and maybe another with just 3 "Verse", "Chorus", and "Solo" so that there are more options. Now that I have this done, I'm hoping the others won't be quite as much work to make.

My apologies I wasn't able to upload the Excel Spreadsheet. I'lll try to convert it to PDF and see if it will upload.

Attachments

• MMGT Generic Setlists 6 Sections.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
After learning how to set up songs and setlists in a way that would allow me to be on one preset/scene on axe fx for one section of a song and then go to a different preset/scene for another section such as a solo or a bridge, I endeavoured on the tedious task to setting it all up. I have the MMGT-10 and so I set mine up for only 4 songs sections. I realize many users have the 16 or 22 and so could afford to dedicate 6 buttons for song sections, so I created a blank template for setting up Songs and Setlists that will save a bunch of time for anyone that wants to set up their MMGT in this way. Basically I've gone through all 768 presets and named them as follows;

Preset 1) Intro|Song 1
Preset 2) Verse|Song !
Preset 3) Chorus|Song 1
Preset 4) Bridge|Song 1
Preset 5) Solo|Song 1
Preset 6) Variation|Song 1

Then presets 7 through 12 would repeat except that it would be Song 2 after each section, Presets 13 through 18 Song 3 and so on for a total of 128 songs. I then went into the Songs section and pre-assigned all the songs so that the first 6 presets are assigned to Song 1 and the next 6 to Song 2 etc. so all the heavy lifting is done. Because there is a "|" between the section name and the song name only the section names "Intro", "Verse", "Chorus", "Bridge", "Solo" and "Variation" show up in the button screens, you won't see "Song 1", "Song 2" etc. So there's no need to change the Song Names in the presets. In the Songs section where you start preparing your setlist, you can change the name of the song to whatever you like and that will show up in the main screen.

I am attaching the template here along with a spreadsheet incase anyone uses Bandhelper or a similar app on an iPad. The spreadsheet shows all the midi bank and PCs to pull up any song on the MMGT.

Hopefully with will save some folks some time, or even offer the opportunity to try out this feature without too much work. You can just save what you have on the profile you have MMGT now so that you can lload it back in later.

I'm thinking of doing another with 4 Sections "Intro", "Verse", "Chorus" and "Solo" for those that only want to dedicate 4 buttons to song sections and maybe another with just 3 "Verse", "Chorus", and "Solo" so that there are more options. Now that I have this done, I'm hoping the others won't be quite as much work to make.

My apologies I wasn't able to upload the Excel Spreadsheet. I'lll try to convert it to PDF and see if it will upload.
Legendary effort @Neill00!! Thank you so much for this!

@rjmmusic could this be a Sticky worthy topic?
Also, probably been asked before but is there a way to edit Song Names etc with a spreadsheet?

I just finished another template with 5 song sections (spreadsheet to follow). Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge and Solo. This will work better if you don't need 6 and want to have the Bank Up and Bank Down (which work as Song Up and Song Down in Setlist mode) buttons one above the other at one end of the MMGT. I'm going to work on 4 sections and then 3 sections next. I'm not sure what would work best for most users on the 4 section version. Intro, Verse, Chorus and Solo or Verse, Chorus, Bridge and Solo. I'm thinking the latter is better. 3 Section I'll just do Verse, Chorus and Solo.

Attachments

• MMGT Generic Setlists 5 Sections.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back