Source Audio Reflex - sending/receiving information over USB

simon

Hi,

I have 5 MIDI devices on my board, a Source Audio Reflex expression pedal, Strymon Big Sky, Timeline and Mobius, and a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. The Infinity only has a MIDI input, so I can't do a complete circuit with the MIDI cables, and need to find another way to get the Reflex to talk to the PBC. I'm wondering if I can do this over USB (the Reflex has a USB port, and has presets which I want to be able to select with the PBC, as well as sending expression data from the Reflex to the PBC). If so, I could have the standard DIN 5 pin MIDI out of the PBC connected to the Strymons and Infinity Looper, where the chain would terminate, then have the Reflex sending and receiving information with the PBC over USB. If this is possible, would it be over the USB -> Device, or USB -> PC port?

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,

I can’t speak directly to your question, but I wonder whether a MIDI thru box could be useful, for example the midi Solutions Quadra Thru or the Kenton Thru 5 (not sure about the name of that one). Using one of those can mean you don’t have to daisy chain the MIDI cables, and those Thru boxes are supposed to reduce any latency and minimise the chances that the midi data gets scrambled when passed from one pedal to the next.

Free advice that may be worth what you paid for it, but I thought the suggestion might be useful.

Cheers,

Andrew

Sorry, the USB port on the PBC can't be used for that currently. It may be possible in the future, but it's not something I've had any time to seriously investigate.

Thanks Andrew and Ron, looks like I need to add a MIDI thru box to my shopping list! Should I add a post regarding the extra USB functionality to the feature request list thread Ron?

Cheers

Back