Specific Q about IA button groups and LEDs

lureb

I have a page dedicated to IA sounds, including a group of four buttons for overdrive sounds. All buttons may not be off. Two of those buttons work the following way:

button 1: audio loop A
button 2: audio loop A + function switch on

When button 2 is turned off, both the audio loop and function switch should turn off.

Everything works well except when I toggle between buttons 1 and 2. I've managed to get the loop / switch operation right by disabling IA link from button 2, but when I toggle from 2 to 1 both LEDs turn on at the same time, which I don't want. It's not something critical but a bit confusing. I'm sure it's because the same audio loop is repeated for both buttons.

Is there a way around this? Many thanks.

Did you try turning off IA link for both buttons? Also, make sure that "Send Off messages" is turned on for the group you're using.

Thanks, yes "send off messages" is turned on. When IA link is off for both, whenever I toggle from button 2 to button 1 both the audio loop and the function switch turn off ... in principle only the function switch should turn off.

Ok, add an action to the first button that looks like this:

Audio / Fn Switch off:OFF on:OFF

This will make sure that pressing the first button will turn off the function switch.

Next, turn off "Send OFF Messages" for the group.

Double check to make sure that IA Link is turned off for both buttons. IA Link turns on automatically when you assign an Audio action to a button, so you'll need to turn if off again.

That did the job when I tested it in the lab.

Thanks Ron, tried it and those two buttons work well but with the "send off messages" off the loops controlled by the other buttons in the group remain on no matter what.

Like I said, I've managed to get the actual operation fine and it's only the LEDs that are tricky when going back from audio loop + switch to audio loop only.

Ok, I didn't know that there were other buttons in the group. You would need to add actions to each button that turn off the loops that are activated by the other buttons. The fix I mentioned above turns off the Function Switch, you can add similar actions to turn off other things.

I should've thought of that. Added the other actions and now it's working perfectly, thanks!

Back