Step Cycle Question

Chuchu

This is my goal:

IA: turns on/off reverb
Hold: to convert into IA step cycle through different intensity of reverb (mix/decay)

Same thing with delay
IA: delay on/off
Hold: to convert into IA step cycle between quarter note or dotted 8th

Is this possible? I can't think of why not. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 1.25.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 1.26.05 PM.png

I see that you mention "hold to convert into IA step". It won't convert the button to an IA step, the button will always turn the delay on or off when you press it. You have to hold the button each time to move to the next step.

The way it's configured now, it will do nothing on the first step. When you hold it once, it will send the first set of messages, when you hold it again it will send the second set of messages. Holding it again will bring you back to the first step which is empty (no messages will be sent).

I see that you mention "hold to convert into IA step". It won't convert the button to an IA step, the button will always turn the delay on or off when you press it. You have to hold the button each time to move to the next step.

The way it's configured now, it will do nothing on the first step. When you hold it once, it will send the first set of messages, when you hold it again it will send the second set of messages. Holding it again will bring you back to the first step which is empty (no messages will be sent).

Thanks for the reply!
So, should I put a set of messages before the first "system/step" ?

Also, I am not seeing "step 1, step 2" on the screen.

It depends on whether you want 2 steps or 3. If you only wanted 2 steps, get rid of the first System / Step. Step actions should only be between steps, not at the beginning or end of the list.

Where are you expecting to see "Step 1, Step 2"?

Alright, good to know. I was hoping to see "step 1, step 2" while scrolling through them on the LT.

Turning on "Show Button Names" should show it on the main screen, I think, although I don't recall at the moment how that setting interacts with a hold cycle button. Give it a try?

Turning on "Show Button Names" should show it on the main screen, I think, although I don't recall at the moment how that setting interacts with a hold cycle button. Give it a try?

No that does not work it only shows the Button name on each step.

Back