Stereo FX loop question

middle_pickup

I would like to run loops 1-6 plus the left side of loops 7-10 in front of my AC30, and the right side of loops 7-10 in another amp's effects loop. I do not want the right amp to see loops 1-6.

Is this possible?

You will need an insert cable or equivalent to combine the signal from Out 5-6 (on the left side, or tip) and the other amp's effect loop send (on the right side, or ring) into a single TRS connection that goes into In 7-10.

You'll also need to split your guitar signal so that it goes into the PBC's input as well as the input of the second amp. A buffered splitter like the Tone Saver or similar is a very good idea.

You will need an insert cable or equivalent to combine the signal from Out 5-6 (on the left side, or tip) and the other amp's effect loop send (on the right side, or ring) into a single TRS connection that goes into In 7-10.

You'll also need to split your guitar signal so that it goes into the PBC's input as well as the input of the second amp. A buffered splitter like the Tone Saver or similar is a very good idea.
Do you think I will have any gain issues with the two different signals hitting my pedals differently?

Do you think I will have any gain issues with the two different signals hitting my pedals differently?

It's definitely possible. You could try running the loop send of one amp into the loop return of the other to see if their loops run at the same level. If the output level changes substantially, you would need to add something to change the level of one loop. A clean boost pedal, for example.

It's definitely possible. You could try running the loop send of one amp into the loop return of the other to see if their loops run at the same level. If the output level changes substantially, you would need to add something to change the level of one loop. A clean boost pedal, for example.
I appreciate your help! Right now I'm trying to decide what amp I want to purchase as my stereo amp. This is a big deciding factor!

Back