STEREO: Loops 5-6 MONO, Loops 7-8 STEREO = MONO (Loops OFF)

ron5150

What would be the best way to get a stereo signal in Loop-7 as Loop-7, Loop-8 are stereo (Mulit-Effects Unit and TC FlashBack X4). Loops-5 and Loop-6 are Mono effects pedals (Flanger and Tremolo).

The problem is, on Loop-7 (Multi-Effects Unit: wired as Mono-[L] Input, Output is Stereo), Loop-8 (FlashBack: wired as full stereo In and Out), when Loop-7 is switched on, the signal chain is Okay all the way through. Once I turn off Loop-7 I loose stereo and only get output on my left channel.

What would be the best solution to get a stereo signal out of Loop-6 to feed Loop-7 and have a stereo signal all the way through when all switches are OFF.

Any suggestions, aside from keeping Loop-7 always ON and turning all effects off in the Multi-Effects Unit.

Re: STEREO: Loops 5-6 MONO, Loops 7-8 STEREO = MONO (Loops

Would simply using a STEREO TREMOLO in place of my MONO TC Shaker provide the STEREO SIGNAL PATH in Loop-6 to succeeding Stereo Loops SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

I realized that there's no way to do this without having a stereo effect pedal or unit switched on all the time and have done so, so that I can move on.

So, on the 5-8 OUT jack I've connected a MONO TS plug into my Effects Unit's (L) Mono INPUT and routed its STEREO OUTPUT into LOOP-9 IN, LOOP-9 Send/Return is now connected to my TC Flashback Delay, LOOP-9 OUT is then routed back into my Pre-Amp's Master Effects STEREO Returns. IT NOW WORKS (back to its original configuration).

Originally, I had planned to have the RJM EG Punch IN/OUT the Multi-Effects Unit into the signal chain, but my efforts prooves it cannot be done. I even tried splitting the signal (Used a Morely A/B/Y + 2TS->TRS), got a signal on both channels but loops were not punching IN signals so the custom cable was removed.

Guitar Signal is MONO (TS), so it traverses through the system in that manner.
Just FYI! :)

The answer is a cable that has a TS connector on one end and a TRS on the other, with the tip and ring tied together. Plug this between loops 6 and 7. This puts the mono signal on both the left and right side. It's not something you'll find at Guitar Center, but custom cable companies like Best-tronics and Lava Cable would build them, I imagine.

Back