Stereo Setup using Effects Gizmo

Assaf

Hey All,

I’m building a small rack for my studio and have some switching challenges which researching in the forum I think the Effect Gismo can help but I’m not completely sure.

My rig contains two heads, pre effects (mainly dirt pedals) and Post effects (stereo pedals and rack units). I want to be able to use the effects with both amps.

My question is – can I use both amps at once in a stereo setup using the Effect Gizmo? if yes, can this setup will also allow me to use the Amps individually in a mono setup?

Thanks

Assaf

Sharing effects between two amps can be problematic, but it's actually easier if you're running both amps in stereo. Are your amps identical or different?

Attached is one way it could be done.

Attachments

• EG_6Pedals_4Stereo_2Amp.pdf
    522.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi, Thanks
My amps are not identical (Mesa Lonestar & Marshall JVM) but, they both have effects loop.
So, in the diagram both power amps are always engage and i can select which preamp of the two is working, does that mean that if i want to work with just one amp in mono i just need to select its preamp loop and turn of the other amp?

Hi, Thanks
My amps are not identical (Mesa Lonestar & Marshall JVM) but, they both have effects loop.
So, in the diagram both power amps are always engage and i can select which preamp of the two is working, does that mean that if i want to work with just one amp in mono i just need to select its preamp loop and turn of the other amp?

Yes, that's correct.

Back