Strange behavior with cc messages

lbcbdr

I recently added a disaster area doc.micro (w/o buttons) to my PBC 10 4.8.1. Did a complete rewire of my board set up 3 buttons on page 7 to send cc toggle messages to the doc.micro to turn its 3 loop on and off (it uses cc 50-52 for the 3 loops 0-63 for loop on and 64 -127 for loop off ) I changed my presets to take advantage of the extra loops and everything worked. Today I added some new presets and i could not get the page 7 buttons to control , the DpC.micro. However if i copied a preset to a new number that i had setup before it worked. For example button 3 is set for cc toggle 50 0 on 127 off in a preset i turn that button on. Save when i fire that preset nothing happens on the doc.micro yet if i copy a preset with that button on in it and change other functions and loops to what i need it works fine. I can‘t find any differences in the presets. They are both triggering the same button. Any thoughts

thanks Laurence

Here is the file let me know the DPC.Micro is midi ch 16 and page 7 is where I have the buttons that send cc toggles to it to turn the loops on and off. Again if i write a new perset and select those buttons they don't work they do however make the LED flash on the DPC.Micro for the loop in question like it is doing a quick momentary send. but if i copy a preset that i cerated previously that works in the new location. Thanks Ron

Attachments

• lbc final V83 BR 7-15-22.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
The problem is that you also have buttons that control the DPC Micro loops on many other pages. You may have a button on page 7 programmed to turn it on, but you also have buttons on pages 10, 11, 12 and 13 that control the same loops, and they might be turned off. When you select a preset, every button on every page that has "Send on Preset Change" turned on will send its messages. So, page 7 turns on your loop, but a split second later, the other pages will turn it off.

Looking at preset #2, you have the Eureka-DPC.C button turned on on page 7. You also have it turned on on pages 10, 12 and 13. That's why the preset works.

The solution you probably need in this case is to turn on IA Link on all buttons that control a single DPC loop. This will make them link together so that turning on one button that controls a loop will also turn on all the other buttons that control the same loop. That way, they won't get out of sync with each other.

Thanks. I had forgotten about is link when I added the pages as always super service from RJM

Back