Strange behaviour with Mobius Pedal

wire_twerp

I've recently added a Mobius to my rig, which I have set up pre/post and true bypass. Pre signal goes into Loop 1 which I now leave open all the time. The Post signal goes directly from the pedal to my amp's FX loop. I have it set up this way so that I should be able to simply bypass the Mobius using MIDI without having to worry about whether any particular patch is pre or post and therefore I do not have to factor in the loop's status as well.

I have my preset switches set up on Page 1 as on the RJM default layout (Bottom row) but with a second preset button press activating the global preset.

My problem is that if I start playing in (say) Preset 1 with my Mobius rotary effect activated (in post mode), and then change to the Global (or other) preset, when I return to Preset 1 the Mobius has been turned off. This is despite the fact that the settings I set on the preset editor page indicate that it should be on (I am using the double arrows setting on the page as no loop is involved). There are no other preset actions active in the other presets.

The light for my IA Mobius bypass switch (on my WET FX page) is correctly lit (indicating that the pedal should be on) but it is off. It then requires two foot presses to turn it back on - but after that it then toggles on/off as normal; the preset switching behaviour is exactly the same though. It almost seems as though something has reset which then requires a first button press to take the Mobius out of "standby" (as it were) and respond as normal.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this with this pedal or whether it is simply user error. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you.

Thank you - will send it on and attach here. Sorry for the delay as I'm in the UK.

Attachments

• template.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You've got a lot of buttons with Send on Preset Change turned on - this is probably where the problem is coming from. Any button that has Send on Preset Change will send its message(s) every time you change presets, regardless of what button page you're on. You have more than one button that's set up to send bypass messages to the Mobius, so they're all sending a bypass message to the pedal on each preset change, causing the pedal to change state and overriding the preset action.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will go through the file and check the buttons/pages as you suggest.

Back to the video tutorials!

Back