Strange MIDI signal

Quinlanb

I have four presets for a song. One of the presets is a Delay sound with a Timeline and Bigsky both on. The problem is that when I press the button the Timeline will toggle on or off like I'm pressing the "A" button on the pedal. So I have to toggle a different preset and then toggle back to the delay preset. Basically if the timeline is on but not in the loop and I toggle the Delay preset the timeline will turn off even though it is set to be "on" in the preset.

Attachments

• N7.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
You might have already tried this - but have you gone into the "Preset Actions" to make sure that you've got one for the Timeline set up correctly? Here are the settings I use to make sure something is turned on:

- Action Type: CC Toggle
- Device: Timeline
- CC Number: 102
- On Value: 127 (127 is the value for on, 0 is the value for off)

Hmmmm, right now my CC number is 80 in order to select the A channel. I wonder if that’s toggling rather than just turning it on. I’m at work at the moment but I’ll give that a show when I’m home. I have a feeling that’ll do it.

Yeah - if you think of your presets as preset channels (see below), it makes it easier.

00A (on the Timeline) = PC 0 (on the PBC/6X)
00B = PC 1
01A = PC 2
01B = PC 3
02A = PC 4
02B = PC 5
03A = PC 6
03B = PC 7
etc.

Then, if you want to call up the A channel of page 3 on your Timeline, you tell the PCB/6X to call up PC 7. CC Number 102 says that you're wanting to bypass, and the "value" tells it that you want bypass to engage the pedal. Setting the value to 0 tells it that you want the pedal disengaged.

I've never tried CC numbers 80 and 82 for A and B. Not sure what they do, TBH - there's been a pretty steep learning curve with the software in general. I'm guessing those CC numbers simulate hitting the A and B buttons, because 81 seems to simulate hitting the third button - the tap tempo.

Hmmmm, right now my CC number is 80 in order to select the A channel. I wonder if that’s toggling rather than just turning it on. I’m at work at the moment but I’ll give that a show when I’m home. I have a feeling that’ll do it.
Yes, the "A" CC acts as if you actually pressed the A button. So, if it's already on, it will turn off.

Use PC numbers instead of CCs to select presets, as murphman mentions above. It will be much more reliable.

Back