Strange Preset/Button Behaviour

stringtheorist

My Preset buttons engage presets on my Kemper Profiler. One of my saved Presets ("Rtm Dry") has acquired a strange behaviour in which it switches the IA state of Preset Button 3 when selected. (The IA state change changes the LED to purple and sends CC#11 (Morph) to the Kemper.) It only changes the state of button 3 in the current bank no matter which button or bank the Preset is assigned to, and it is the only preset which does this. I've attached my setup file below. Would someone be able to troubleshoot this for me please?

Attachments

• PBC Kemper Setup.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Your IA got saved in the "on" state for that preset. Select preset 3, press it again to turn off the Morph function, then switch to your Kemper FX page and hold the Loops button to store the change. Any IA that has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on will save its state to the current preset when you press/hold an IA Store button, and it will recall the stored state every time you recall the preset.

Your IA got saved in the "on" state for that preset. Select preset 3, press it again to turn off the Morph function, then switch to your Kemper FX page and hold the Loops button to store the change. Any IA that has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on will save its state to the current preset when you press/hold an IA Store button, and it will recall the stored state every time you recall the preset.
Sorry, I'm not getting this. When I press button 3 for preset 3 the IA state changes (red LED). I've tried going to the Kemper FX page and saving the IA in both states (red and purple) but it always reloads in purple state.

In trying it, I see that the problem appears to be on preset 2, when it's selected, the preset 3 button lights up purple and preset 2 lights up red. I was able to clear it up by going into the editor, selecting preset 2, then turning on the IA Mode checkbox and clicking the preset 3 button to turn it off.

I do see one related issue - ALL of your preset buttons (5 of them on page 1, 5 on page 2) are set to control Morph, and all of them are set to Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. So, all 10 of those buttons try to send their CC messages when you select a preset. This is going to cause a conflict for sure. I recommend turning off Send on Preset Change for all preset buttons. You can leave Update on Preset Change turned on. That will allow the buttons to reset to the Off state when you select a preset, which I assume is what you would want.

In trying it, I see that the problem appears to be on preset 2, when it's selected, the preset 3 button lights up purple and preset 2 lights up red. I was able to clear it up by going into the editor, selecting preset 2, then turning on the IA Mode checkbox and clicking the preset 3 button to turn it off.

I do see one related issue - ALL of your preset buttons (5 of them on page 1, 5 on page 2) are set to control Morph, and all of them are set to Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. So, all 10 of those buttons try to send their CC messages when you select a preset. This is going to cause a conflict for sure. I recommend turning off Send on Preset Change for all preset buttons. You can leave Update on Preset Change turned on. That will allow the buttons to reset to the Off state when you select a preset, which I assume is what you would want.
Great... All working now. Thanks.

Back