Strymon Big Sky pre-delay issue

Jared_P_92

Ok so I am pretty new to the pbc-10. I put it on my board this past week. Everything functions as it should with one exception. No matter what I do. The pre-delay on my Big Sky automatically takes like 4 seconds. So it sounds very weird. When I change banks I can manually change the pre-delay and it functions like it should. But in general I know it shouldn’t be doing this. I got by this weekend by just manually adjusting it every time I changed banks to a new song. Midi clock is off at the big sky. I have went through global parameters and spent time on the RJM editor trying to resolve this issue. Hoping someone has experienced this and knows what to do. Please help!

Hmmm, the MIDI clock would have been my first guess. Does this happen when you change presets, or only when you change banks? Does it happen if you change presets/banks on the BigSky manually without using the PBC? If the answer to the last question is no, then post your PBC setup file - you probably have a rogue setting somewhere changing it. I can take a look and see if I can find it.

Hmmm, the MIDI clock would have been my first guess. Does this happen when you change presets, or only when you change banks? Does it happen if you change presets/banks on the BigSky manually without using the PBC? If the answer to the last question is no, then post your PBC setup file - you probably have a rogue setting somewhere changing it. I can take a look and see if I can find it.
It doesn’t happen when using the BigSky manually. Only when changing it with the PBC. At the risk of sounding dumb, how do I post the setup file? I’ve only had the PBC-10 for a week so I am very new to everything with it.

The only thing I've ever seen change the pre delay is MIDI clock. Have you tried turning off MIDI clock on the PBC, just to see what happens?

I have only tried turning off midi clock for the global settings on the big sky. I have not tried turning it off on the PBC. I will try turning it off on the PBC when I get a chance. If that is the issue. Then how should I go about running my tempo to my delay for each preset? I would rather not have to do tap.
The only thing I've ever seen change the pre delay is MIDI clock. Have you tried turning off MIDI clock on the PBC, just to see what happens?

I have only tried turning off midi clock for the global settings on the big sky. I have not tried turning it off on the PBC. I will try turning it off on the PBC when I get a chance. If that is the issue. Then how should I go about running my tempo to my delay for each preset? I would rather not have to do tap.
If turning off MIDI clock in the PBC fixes the problem, there's a bug in the Big Sky - it's ignoring its own MIDI clock setting. Make sure that it has the latest firmware installed, and if that still doesn't help, I'll have to refer you to Strymon for a fix.

CONFIRMED FIX. Just in case someone has this issue and comes looking for the solution. My BigSky needed an update. MIDI clock was coming from the pbc-10 to my midi capable pedals. Since the BigSky had not been updated to current firmware. The parameters did not have an option to turn MIDI clock on and off. But then there was a second issue. Since the firmware was so outdated. I had to go back and use the old software. Not Nixie. Strymon thought the issue was my USB-MIDI cable. But that was not the case. Once I used the old software instead of Nixie I was able to update. Then had the option of turning off the MIDI clock on the BigSky. Now my pre-delay functions as it should and the board is functioning completely as intended.

Back