Strymon Brigadier volume issue

Terry Richalds

Hey guys - I connected a Strymon Brigadier to Loop 7 of my PBC in series stereo. I set the Brigadier input to stereo and ran a TRS patch cable from the Loop 7 Send to the input of the Brig. Then I connected an insert y-cable from the 2 TS outs of the Brig back to the Loop 7 Return of the PBC with a TRS jack. When I engage that Loop my Dry signal increases significantly and is almost slightly distorted. I am running the Loop in Series and have double checked that the Brigadier gain is not increased at all. Any idea what's going on? I've attached my PBC editor file just in case. Thanks! - Paul

Attachments

• MMPBC.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Are you trying to run the Brigadier in parallel? If so, you need to set the Brigadier to "kill dry" or 100% wet. Otherwise, you'll get double the dry signal level. Most Strymon pedals have a way to set the pedal to kill dry.

Brigadier_knobs_1600-935x1024.jpg

It's one of Strymon's smaller pedals that does not have a Kill Dry option. And no I am not running it in Parallel. It IS in Series. Whenever I engage it my Dry signal boosts significantly as if it WERE in Parallel which I run my Strymon TimeLine and Big Sky in. But I do have the Brigadier in Series. Any indication what's going on by looking at my Editor settings?

The global setting for loop 7 is series, but you have it overridden and set to parallel in almost every preset. You can clear this for all presets by going to the Audio tab, and shift-clicking on the Loop 7 Parallel button. It will ask for confirmation, then clear the parallel overrides that are on every preset.

The global setting for loop 7 is series, but you have it overridden and set to parallel in almost every preset. You can clear this for all presets by going to the Audio tab, and shift-clicking on the Loop 7 Parallel button. It will ask for confirmation, then clear the parallel overrides that are on every preset.
I knew it had to be something dumb. I'll fix it and test my PBC tonight. Thanks Ron!

Back