Strymon Nixie - Not Writing - PBC 6/x

LukeyGee

Hey guys!
Had a quick look and saw that this was a common issue, but didn't see if it had been resolved?

Strymon's Nixie software works as it should UNTIL it comes to writing changes to my TimeLine and Bigsky.

Has anyone found a fix for this, while still using the USB cable from the PBC as the MIDI to USB controller?

I'm using the split MIDI cable from the PBC to a TimeLine, Bigsky then Walrus ACS1.
Nixie can recognise and read both my Strymon pedals, just doesn't write the changes.

Have the same issue if I connect to even a single pedal this way.

Thanks!

I have this same issue on my PBC 10 with separate midi cables for each pedal. I haven’t found a perfect solution but my workaround is to only write one preset at a time in Nixie. If you change a preset, then write to the device, it does write but the preset still appears to be changed/unsaved. Then I read from the device in Nixie and it shows the preset as normal. You might think it’s only because you read from the devices and nothing was actually updated, but so far when I do this it does actually write to the device. It’s a bit more cumbersome but I’m really only designing one sound at a time so it’s not too much of a hassle.

I don’t remember when this issue started happening. It used to work fine. I feel like it might have been a Strymon update that introduced it, but it could have been a PBC update.

Back