Strymon Timeline Looper control

ahhcrickets

Okay, I know this has been asked, but what is the efficient method for setting up the looper control?

I would like to call it up on the fly along with a full feature set of options... i.e. reverse, half speed, pre/post.

A video set up guide would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Brad

The main idea is to create a new button page with the looper controls, then put a button on the main page that accesses the looper page.

I can't write out all the details at the moment. A video would be a good idea for sure. I'll have to do that when I have a chance.

Here is a summary of how I setup the Timeline looper on my PBC:

First I created a new page (page 4). Then I needed a way to bring up page 4 and get back to the presets page (page 1). To do this I configured button 5 on the first page to bring up page 4. I then configured button 5 on page 4 to take me back to the presets page.

The buttons on page 4 were configured as follows using MIDI CC messages:

Button 1: Record
Button 2: Play
Button 3: Stop
Button 4: Infinite Repeat
Button 5: Goto Page 1
Function Button: Tap Tempo
Loops Button: Reverse Toggle
Switches Button: Speed Toggle
Mute Button: Pre/Post Toggle
Bank Down: Undo
Bank Up: Redo

It's nice to have access to those additional Timeline looper functions. The nice thing is that while the looper is playing a loop I can jump back to page 1, change a preset, and then go back to page 4 to layer on more sounds using a different patch.

I've tried doing this but still cant get it to work... There are a few boxes that i don't know whether to click on them or not. Fairly new to midi and Im hoping someone can help me. I cant tell if its due to how I set the page up or the CC messages. Ive looked at strymons manual and put in the right CC numbers. I know im missing a few steps somewhere.

Ive got mine configured but get no output. I guess my loop isn't active when I go into my timeline loop page(4)?

I've tried doing this but still cant get it to work... There are a few boxes that i don't know whether to click on them or not. Fairly new to midi and Im hoping someone can help me. I cant tell if its due to how I set the page up or the CC messages. Ive looked at strymons manual and put in the right CC numbers. I know im missing a few steps somewhere.

Did you check out this video?

Ive got mine configured but get no output. I guess my loop isn't active when I go into my timeline loop page(4)?

Yes, your loop does need to be on. If desired, you can add an action to the button that gets you to the looper control page that activates the loop. For example, Audio / Loop 4 off:None on:ON

Any way to stop recording after you record one loop without pressing play so the loop is continuously going and not interrupted and in time?

Back