Strymons in kill dry straight into sound card?

I have a session soon, and i was wondering if I could route my signal like this:

Guitar —> RJM Input —> Out 5-6 —> Guitar amp Input —> Amp Effects loop Send —> RJM In 7-10 —> (Strymon mobius, timeline and big sky in loop 8, 9 and 10. Mobius is in series loop and timeline and big sky are in parallel loops. Kill dry mode for timeline and big sky)

Then the RJM OUTS A and B go into sound card input.

Would that be ok to do?

You could use the BigSky's cab sim to do that. It will sound good, but not as good as a mic'd amp, obviously.

You could use the BigSky's cab sim to do that. It will sound good, but not as good as a mic'd amp, obviously.
Yeah, i thought about using the cab sim but since OUT A and B will only give out the effects i wanted to keep the sound as unaltered as possible. The cab sim on the big sky colors (eqs) the sound which i wanted to avoid.

Oh yeah, you have Kill dry on... you could still do it, but you'd need an amp sim/cab SIM or cab IR. Otherwise, you're going to get the full frequency spectrum of the effects, and that will sound no bueno.

Oh yeah, you have Kill dry on... you could still do it, but you'd need an amp sim/cab SIM or cab IR. Otherwise, you're going to get the full frequency spectrum of the effects, and that will sound no bueno.
Alright... thanks a lot for your input. Much appreciated.

I have a similar set up, but use The GFI systems cabzeus as a direct stereo out. I mainly use it for a portable WDW set up, but have had success using it straight direct from an amps FX loop, or fed from a load box/Attenuator as well. It can work directly from the preamp, but definitely sounds better IMO with some type of IR/cabsim/etc...

Back