Stupid question

toasterdude

Hey. Firstly. . . .been reprogramming the GT a bunch lately and gotta say, even though products like Helix with "scribble strips" and "command Center" are making inroads to being a good midi controller. The GT is the rolls royce. I keep finding features I may never use, but am fascinated that they are there for people that have different workflows. Love this thing!

I am happier than a pig in slop with the GT set up to recall 16 "subpresets" which are combinations of snapshots on helix and scenes on axe. However I have beaten my head against the wall in trying to figure out how to add some POD HD effects into these "subpresets". In fact I posted a whaky feature request but am thinking I may be the only dope that needs this, lol.

Another poster had mentioned using GT with Helix before snapshots and was basically recalling mix settings in effects with mix parameters via midi cc. I think this may work for me 90% of the time. I just haven't figured it out yet.

If I want to send a CC to set the exp 1 in POD HD to 100% mix, do I use CC toggle or CC momentary?
I am thinking in each subpreset I put either a CC value of 1 for zero mix and 127 for full mix. How?

It would be great if the damn PODS and Helix did something other than toggling or this would be much easier.

Thanks.

You would use CC toggle for that. CC momentary would send the "off" value as soon as you release the switch on the GT.

They'd look something like this:

Helix / CC Toggle Exp off:None on:<new value>

Where the new value is 0 for no effect and 127 is 100% effect, or any value in between.

You would use CC toggle for that. CC momentary would send the "off" value as soon as you release the switch on the GT.

They'd look something like this:

Helix / CC Toggle Exp off:None on:<new value>

Where the new value is 0 for no effect and 127 is 100% effect, or any value in between.

I am a dope. Never even noticed the none button next to off. Still not totally clear on how it works, but at least I know where it is! Thanks, gives me something to mess with!

Back