Stymon timeline

shuffle

When I have a PBC preset that uses the Timeline, if I manually turn the timeline off using the strymon pedal rather than the PBC, when I change to a new preset on the PBC the timeline stays in bypass mode.

It loads the new delay preset but i have to re-press the strymon bypass switch to get delay back on.

Is there a way to fix this? I have 'send redundant pcs on'.

cheers

I'm no expert by any stretch but my thought process would be ... if you're bypassing manually, the PBC doesn't know the TL is bypassed. It would change presets like normal but won't go come out of bypass until you turn it on again manually or send a CC command using the PBC. Instead of manually bypassing it, why not just turn off the loop with a preset or while in IA mode?

You're right, I could turn it off with IA - but I strategically placed my timeline at the front of my board to allow quick bypasses without pressing two buttons.

It would be handy if a PBC preset could force the timeline out of bypass?

CC 102 with value of 127 turns it off and 0 should turn it on. You can add it easily from the IA actions. Check out Ron's sample file a few posts down where he has it as a preset on hold. I think it would be a great idea for a repository of samples which can help us all learn the in's and outs of programming the board.

edit: here's the post: http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index...di-effects-and-save-them-to-pbc-presets.2716/

Make sure you make a backup of your file if your just going to import it. It will overwrite over your current page.

You can program the PBC with a CC message, but that's really a Strymon issue, not a PBC issue. For reference, I do the same thing with my Timefactor, but when changing delay presets on the PBC, the TF reengages.

CC 102 with value of 127 turns it off and 0 should turn it on. You can add it easily from the IA actions. Check out Ron's sample file a few posts down where he has it as a preset on hold. I think it would be a great idea for a repository of samples which can help us all learn the in's and outs of programming the board.

edit: here's the post: http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index...di-effects-and-save-them-to-pbc-presets.2716/

Make sure you make a backup of your file if your just going to import it. It will overwrite over your current page.

That's a good idea (adding a CC for engaging). There a few songs where this would solve my issue for sure.

I wonder if there is a global way of setting this up to perform like Boyce's timefactor?

Maybe it a setting that is being missed.. a timeline issue (possibly a setting in the TL to auto deactivate bypass-mode during presets change). You've updated the firmware on the TL to current right?

My thought process is the TL or any other midi device is only going to change a parameter when requested by the midi controller calling a change. If the midi controller is only telling it to change to another preset, it's not going to do another task/function on that device (like take it out of bypass mode). ...just me thinking out-loud here.

If I have time by this weekend, I'll check mine as well. It appears most of us with PBC's have a timeline lol. I never turn mine off like you do...but I'll see what results I find and report back.

CC 102 with value of 127 turns it off and 0 should turn it on.

It's the opposite....127 will turn it back on (as in...turn the TL back on). 0 bypasses it. (Unless you meant turns the "bypass" on, in which case ignore what I just said).

Just to be blunt....I think you're trying to solve a problem that was never meant to be had. You have the most powerful controller on the planet...you shouldn't have to touch the pedal. Create an IA button on your main page that allows you to do this. One touch to bypass, 1 to re-engage. For that matter, you could just turn the loop off with a button as well. I certainly understand why you'd want this ability and why you mounted the TL there, but the only solution you have would be to add this "re-engage the TL" CC command to EVERY PBC preset so that it always gets engaged. Major pain in the you know what.

Just my 2 cents...it's not worth much!! Lol!

I agree shoelesscraig which is why I suggested that to the OP...but that's the way he wants to use it sometimes, so I can appreciate that. I think you may be able to set that command as a global preset which would make it easier to program at least. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Back