Suggestion: Preset Name Notes

RubenRoeh

Hey guys!

I have recently acquired a PBC to replace my also fairly new Mastermind/MEG combo, and it is a blast! I am loving it!

Currently I'm programming it for two upcoming tours, and thought of a minor detail, that might make organizing the setlist mode slightly easier:

I like naming the presets like the parts they are active in (Intro, Verse 1, etc.). If I do this for a let's say 19 song setlist though, I end up with a lot of like-named presets, and it requires me to keep a separate list of which Chorus goes with which song by preset number. Maybe you could include a "notes" field for each preset, that is visible when in the available preset column while assigning presets to certain songs, but won't be displayed on the PBC's screen. That way, even if you edit the setlist on the road or when programming for the next, you can easily see, where each preset goes with which song, yet the screen will only show:

song name
part of the song

Does that make sense?

Cheers, Ruben

Last edited:
In firmware 2.0, available some time this fall, you'll be able to add a vertical bar '|' plus more text to the preset name, and the vertical bar and anything after it will not be displayed on the PBC.

Hi Ruben, I had this same thought as well, what I ended up doing was putting a bunch of spaces after the part name (verse, chorus etc.), then putting the song name in brackets. So now in song/setlist mode the PBC shows the song name at the top and the part name underneath, and in the presets list in the editor I can see the part name and the song name. Good to hear 2.0 will have a built in way of dealing with this though :)

In firmware 2.0, available some time this fall, you'll be able to add a vertical bar '|' plus more text to the preset name, and the vertical bar and anything after it will not be displayed on the PBC.

Hi Ron, will this feature still coming in the next update?

Back