Switchcraft 236 Plugs, does anyone have PBC experience with them?

Pangloss

Folks,

I'm building a bunch of stereo to mono insert (Y) cables for loops 7-10 on my Mastermind PBC and I'm thinking about using Switchcraft 236 TRS plugs: http://www.redco.com/Switchcraft-236.html

Does anyone have experience with these plugs? Are rows of these connectors small enough to fit easily on the back panel of the PBC? While I could easily use Switchcraft 297, straight TRS plugs, I prefer to right angle plugs...if they'll fit.

Thanks,

--Stefan

I have not used these with the PBC but have seen them on PBC's on the "show us your gear" forum. I used the Switchcraft 380 which is a short barrel 1/4" TS for all my TS connections. I don't think they make a TRS version though.

LBC

I'm using the Switchcraft 236 for 7 through 10 on my PBC and it might work if you use a thin 2 connector cable. I'm using a thicker Mogami cable so I have to angle them at around 45 degrees so it still works for me. I couldn't find a TRS version of the Switchcraft 380 either.

I'm using the short 380's for all my TS mono connection but they dont seem to do a TRS version so, like eljodon I'm using 236 for the stereo loops. My PBC is raised slightly on my board which gives them a little extra space but I stell tend to end up with them angled at around 45 degrees too. They definitely need a relatively thin cable though.

A TRS version of the 380 doesn't exist. We use 236 jacks for the bottom row of the PBC without an issue.
We even sell soldered TRS to Dual TS cables for people to plug stereo effects into their PBC.
Different end options and lengths are available.

Some rig builders will take a 236, cut the terminals short and use the back cover of a 380 as a replacement for the long 236 back. Definitely a hassle, but if you have to have short TRS plugs it's the only way I know of to get it done.

Some rig builders will take a 236, cut the terminals short and use the back cover of a 380 as a replacement for the long 236 back. Definitely a hassle, but if you have to have short TRS plugs it's the only way I know of to get it done.

I think that's a great idea. I found the Redco has the best prices all around for Switchcraft and many other brands. The shipping can be expensive if you just buy a few, but if you buy a bunch of them then it's way cheaper.

I have 236 plugs for my stereo loop. They are slightly angled, but with the PBC attached with heavy duty duo-lock there's plenty of room.

Back