Switching 2 heads

bucketbot

Is it safe to connect 1 amp to say switch 1/2 using the amp cable socket & another amp to the same switches 1/2 using the TRS Jacks at the same time??

You can control multiple heads from different jacks (switch 1/2 for one amp and switch 3/4 for another, for example). Each jack is electrically isolated from the others.

Don't split one jack into two amps though!

rjmmusic said:
You can control multiple heads from different jacks (switch 1/2 for one amp and switch 3/4 for another, for example). Each jack is electrically isolated from the others.

Don't split one jack into two amps though!

Thanks Ron. I guess in that case this is a dowside to using the Mark V Amp Cable as because it uses all 8 switches to control functions on the amp you could not also use the TRS jacks to control a 2nd amp?
Assume I am correct in saying this?

I may consider going with the 4 QTR cable as I only really want to control channel switching EQ & Solo. That would I assume leave switch 5, 7 & 8 free to control my 2nd amp?

It's true that the Mark V uses all 8 switches. You can definitely use the 4x1/4 cable to switch selected functions through the external switching jacks.

Another thing to consider is that you might still be able to use the 1/4" jacks. For example, if you were to plug an amp into the Switch 7/8 jack, it would work fine. The side effect would be that you'd switch tuner mute and reverb on the Mark V when you switched the functions on the other amp. But, if you're only using one amp at a time, it doesn't matter if the reverb or mute is on when the Mark V is not active.

rjmmusic said:
It's true that the Mark V uses all 8 switches. You can definitely use the 4x1/4 cable to switch selected functions through the external switching jacks.

Another thing to consider is that you might still be able to use the 1/4" jacks. For example, if you were to plug an amp into the Switch 7/8 jack, it would work fine. The side effect would be that you'd switch tuner mute and reverb on the Mark V when you switched the functions on the other amp. But, if you're only using one amp at a time, it doesn't matter if the reverb or mute is on when the Mark V is not active.

Thanks again Ron. The other amp is a Carvin X100B which only has 2 footswitchable functions controlled by a single TRS jack. Channel change & Reverb. Unfortunately I am actually using a 3 head setup with 2 X100B's & the Mark V in a Stereo WDW configuration using both preamps running through the G system via a midi controlled AB switch so I WILL have all 3 heads on at the same time so I guess that would not work re the Channel switching so I may after all go with the 4 Qtrs cable & just switch the Mark V Channels SOLO & EQ.

I will most likely mainly use the G System Rev & leave the mark V reverb off and I am bypassing the mark V loop & running the Slave out into the G system so don't need to switch the loop.
Also I would never use the Mute on the Mark V as this can easily be done with the G System anyway so looks like the 4Q cable will be fine..plus its cheaper!! :mrgreen:
Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:
Now all I need is for Gary at Sounds Great Music to get some stock from you. ;)

Back