Switching between mono and stereo

coborgen

I'm looking for advice on how to use a multi effects in mono at times and stereo at other times with a pbc6. I'm looking at either the mobius or h9, and sometimes I'll want to use a stereo chorus at the end of the chain and sometimes I'll want to put a mono chorus in the front of the chain. I can't find a way to switch between mono and stereo on the pedal on the fly via midi, so I'm thinking of just running it as a stereo pedal. I realize this means if I put it in the front of the chain only the left side will pass through. I'm concerned this is going to result in an undesirable effect and I'll only get half the chorus effect or maybe some phase issues.

Any recommendations on how to handle this? There's absolutely no way to sum a stereo loop to mono is there?

If you move a stereo loop into a position where it's surrounded by mono loops, it will operate as a mono effect. There won't be any summing, and it's not possible to get any summing in a PBC loop. However, in the case of chorus, summing the outputs is far more likely to cause phase issues than simply using the left side signal.

Ping-pong delays and panning effects will lose the right side of the effect, and that will be noticeable, but you can easily create another preset in your H9 that isn't panning for those cases.

Back