Switching Presets of Seymour Duncan Dark Sun with PBC/6X

I have problems switching the presets of my Seymour Duncan Dark Sun with the PBC/6X via Midi. When I activate a preset of the PBC, it always calls the preset of the Dark Sun with the same preset number as the PBC preset.

PBC Preset 1 -> Dark Sun Preset 1A
PBC Preset 2 -> Dark Sun Preset 1B
and so on...

I need to be able to call any preset of the Dark Sun with any preset of the PBC. I tried several settings in the Midi Device and the presets of the PBC but can't get it to work.

Could someone explain to me how to set it up? I am running the current firmware 4.3.0.

Make sure the MIDI channel on the pedal matches the MIDI channel you have set for it in the PBC. Once you've done that, you should be able to edit PC numbers for the pedal in the Presets tab.

Yes, you were right. I got the MIDI channels confused. Thanks for your fast reply.

Now I can access the 128 presets of the Dark Sun with the PCB. According to the Dark Suns manual it is also possible to bypass the pedal via MIDI. Is it possible to send the necessary MIDI message with the PCB. If yes, how do I need to set it up?

upload_2019-7-29_21-8-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-29_21-4-20.png
    upload_2019-7-29_21-4-20.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 2
Edit an IA button, and add this action to it: CC Toggle / Dark Sun #102 off:0 on:1. If you turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change, you can program that button to be on or off, like you would program a loop to be on or off for each preset.

I have not tried that yet, as I don't have my pedal board with me right now, but if I understand you correctly, this will lead to a dedicated switch on the PCB that will remote control the bypass of the Dark Sun.

Sorry for being unclear with my question before, but this is not what I had in mind.

I would like to activate/deactivate the bypass of the Dark Sun on preset change. This way I could save a loop, as I can hook up the Dark Sun to the output of PCB and just activate it in presets I need it in. I could also benefit of the trails function, when the effect decays naturally when bypassed.

I went through the pages of the Mastermind Editor and I found this page:
upload_2019-7-30_13-55-52.png

Based on your previous hint. I think this is how I get it to work as I described before?

I also want to apologize, if these are basic questions. You may have figured so far, but I am completely new to this and the PCB is a complex device. I really like it though. The more I learn about its functions, the more I get the impression, that it fits my needs perfectly.

It's still easier, in my opinion, to use a button to do it. It doesn't have to be a button that's actually accessible on the unit. You could, for example, put it on a button page you're not using. (Button page 4 if you're using a default configuration). Just set Max Page to 4 in global settings so page 4 is active.

Doing it this way, the button will automatically send its CC message every time you change presets. You will just need to set the button to be on in the presets where you want the pedal to be active. The button will default to the off state in every preset, so for any preset where you don't need the pedal on, you don't have to do anything at all. The Buttons section of the Presets tab allows you to set the state of any IA buttons.

The way you describe will also work, but you will have to add a CC action to every preset you're using, specifying whether the pedal should be turned on or off for each preset. And, if you ever change to a different type of pedal, you may have to edit the bypass CC number in every preset. If you used the button approach, you'd only have to edit the CC number once, in button settings.

Back