Sync/update FM3 preset names apparently not working for me

wire_twerp

Hi [again]

I've got two solid midi connections between my PBC and FM3 and have managed to sort out the bank and get preset names issues.

What I can't fathom is how to get the PBC preset names to update when they change on the FM3 (if this is possible with this device).

I have the sync names and poll state options checked in the devices tab and have unchecked update state on preset change unchecked - I believe this is correct.

When I save a new preset names from FM3 Editor to my FM3 and then change presets on the PBC, the name stays as before.

I apologise for my newbie questions but I've mainly been using the audio side of the PBC until recently.

Thank you for your help.

Sync preset names doesn't work well on Fractal devices. Have you tried using Get Preset Names in the PBC built in menu?

Get preset names does work well - just me being lazy I suppose!

Thank you again for the help and product support.

I probably should revisit the Sync Names thing. It's been a while and I can't remember why I couldn't get it to work at the time.

It would be a neat feature to have it working but I'm sure you've got other priorities. Of course, If you do get a chance to work it out that would be great but the PBC is a great piece of kit as it is.

Back